dorian_vallejo_artIn the summer I painted this portrait from life in a room that had and entire bank of south facing windows. Anyone who works from life knows this is asking for trouble because the sun moves all day long.
This was the best room in the house and clearly the best option. With a little prayer in my heart, I began and... I leaned a whole lot.
Since then I've painted in several rooms with southern light and it's a great experience.
- verakelleI couldn't agree more!! I learned so much from painting near south facing windows for a whole year, though I was finally driven to the point of frustration that I got proper fabric to help blow out the light, accompanied by proper artificial light temp and proper positioning of the canvas in relation to art. It still could be much better...always learning, and there's so much info dispersed throughout the web!
- verakellein relation to *light*
- safoura001@sarmadap page jalebiye
- adominus5Am I the only one here who thinks this looks a little like Julianne Moore?
- goldsmith_ianLoose and gorgeous.
- dorian_vallejo_art@verakelle Thanks for taking the time to write out your experience. I agree with you - not the best studio situation but, perversely I enjoy putting myself in places where I might not be able to pull off what I need to do. This challenge exposes my weaknesses and keeps me humble - there's plenty to work on:)
- dorian_vallejo_art@goldsmith_ian Thanks Ian
- blancamagaLove this portrait
- dorian_vallejo_art@blancamaga Thanks. I don't always post these portraits but they're a lot of fun.
- narimanezatiannice work
Log in to like or comment.