nubbytwigletYes, this is a weird photo. 😜 I have really long hair (like, "I should have given my hairdresser a call 6 months ago" long 💇🏻) and even though it's naturally light brown, I've been dying it black for the last decade. Over the last year I'd let it fade back to mostly brown because the dye I'd been using left my scalp super sensitive with slight burns after using it (is that because of the ammonia or some other terrible chemical?) ANYWAY. Last month @naturigin contacted me and offered me dye. I was like, "It can't be any worse than what I was using. Why not?!?" So here's the thing -- I dyed my hair black following the directions and there was no burning. No terrible smell. It was actually...pleasant. 😄 No wonder it was voted the winner of the best natural beauty product by the Natural Product Awards! It's also paraben and ammonia free and not tested on animals. I don't normally do these types of posts but I know a lot of you dye your hair and it's hard knowing what's healthy + actually works. Hope this is helpful! P.S. I was laying on my bed for this selfie thinking I could get all my hair to fit...and it didn't work. Time for that haircut for real! Haha.
- aaaleleleI loved the hair AND the print.
- bianca__alexis#blk4evz i was about to take the leap back to black but now im just doing a darker version of cotton candy. one day!
- merrickmonroeYup, after 5ish years using black boxed hair dye I experienced the same thing. Glad to hear there is a good alternative now!
- renaepopHey @nubbytwiglet - you probably have an allergy to PPD. It's a chemical that helps color molecules in hair dye develop and it's found in higher concentrations in dark colors (like black) And the more you use it the more of a chance you have of developing an allergy to it. Glad you found a haircolor that doesn't irritate your scalp! Your hair looks awesome!
- nubbytwiglet@renaepop Ahh, that makes sense. I definitely noticed it getting worse over the years!
- rocknrollbrideLong hair don't care... GIVE ME SOME!
- weirdomcstrangeoh my gosh, 😍✨
- naturiginYou look so amazing!! 💚
- nubbytwiglet@rocknrollbride Please, I'm begging you, take 5 inches of it! I grew it out for your mag shoot...and then never got around to the haircut. 😂
- nubbytwiglet@naturigin Thank you! I'm a fan for life! Best boxed hair dye experience I've EVER had.
- nubbytwiglet@merrickmonroe So I'm not the only one! It's so painful and yucky. Glad it's over! 😘
- nubbytwiglet@biancaalexisphoto You can pull off any color, truly. Miss you, wonder twin. 😿
- brooklynzooskiYou're so pretty😻
- missredmisakidon't cut! I am trying so hard to get my hair longer again XD
- mandadueYou are a glorious creature!!!!
- nubbytwiglet@mandadue Haha, best comment! ❤️
- nubbytwiglet@missredmisaki Fly across the ocean and take some! 💇🏻
- missredmisakihahaha my hair is nearly white, so that'd be kind of a Cruella de Ville look :D
- whitelephantsI'm also in the 'should have had a hair cut 6 months ago' club! 💇
Log in to like or comment.