ellewref@thebittenword -- I was assigned @bonappetitmag Brown Butter Linzer Cookies #WindowCookies to make for the #bittencookiechallenge this year. I followed the recipe as written with no substitutions or modifications. Time consuming but not difficult and the dough doesn't roll out easily but this was a festive cookie to make, bakes evenly and overall tasted good (soft interior, slight crunchy exterior and right amount of spice). Make again recipe? Probably not...didn't knock our socks off but the end results are certainly pretty. #linzercookies #christmascookies
- peacefulbendwineryBeautiful results, absolutely!
- zachandclayThey're gorgeous!
- ellewref@peacefulbendwinery I am so glad I wasn't assigned the cookie you were assigned. My sis was suppose to make it and said, "oh hell no, this is not happening."
- peacefulbendwinery@ellewref I felt pretty much the same as your sis when I saw it too!
- evaofthesunPicture perf cookies!
- rogers_stephanieWow gorgeous trees!
- theshortbreadcureSuper pretty!
- ellewref@thebittenword Modifying my review, I would make these again even though the dough was finicky to roll. Just had another one and they taste even better the longer they sit. Husband said he liked them, so I guess it's a winner after all.
- fonticulaOh my gosh, these are gorgeous!
- jeniferkwilsonGreat job on these! I had a super challenging time with the dough, it just didn't want to cooperate and be pliable with the browned butter. I had to beat it into submission between layers of parchment 😉 yours look effortless.
- ellewref@jeniferkwilson I think the instructions for the two hour chill time was too long because the dough was hard as cement even after 10 minutes sitting on the counter. I let the dough sit out much longer until I could roll without it cracking, although the edges still cracked. Maybe chilling for only 1 hour would make it more workable. Btw---did you see that @bonappetitmag posted a video tutorial on making this cookie? Their dough was completely rollable...hmmm.
- ellewrefHere's the video tutorial http://www.bonappetit.com/test-kitchen/how-to/article/how-to-make-linzer-cookies-video
- flavorfuljourneysStunning and festive!
Log in to like or comment.