tshoxenreiderSo instead of heading to a coffee shop to work, like our normal Fridays, I had a taxi pick us up and take us to the airport. Treating @kyleoxen to a weekend on Bainbridge Island as a small way to say thanks for his awesomeness this past spring. He manned the fort during my book deadline, then manned the fort some more when I tore my ACL and had knee surgery. Then he worked his tail off for his own work deadlines, along with continuing to work on our fixer-upper. He's an amazing guy who deserves a weekend away to just REST. So excited to not keep this secret from him anymore. And super excited about this weekend. :)
- kellyatlovewellMy husband used to work for a company in Poulsbo, which is right there just north of Bainbridge. I visited many times, which is why I feel I can say with complete bossiness: you must hit up Sluy's Bakery (pronounced Sly's) for a coconut crunch bar. I still have cravings. And Liberty Bay is a charming place to sit and eat that with a cup of coffee.
- yarasedWhat a wonderful team you both make!:)
- tshoxenreider@kellyatlovewell @5acresacademy Thanks for the $.02!
- elizafayeSounds like an awesome and well deserved getaway!
- littlecraigclanHow sweet!!
- toshatakespicturesYaaay! Have a GREAT time!!
- ambermintyIt's Viking Fest in Poulsbo this weekend. Try Mora Ice Cream on Bainbridge or Poulsbo :)
- thejoansesYay!!! I love this!!
- brookekingstonYou MUST eat at Restaurant Marche. It will blow.your.mind! Enjoy a delicious and wonderful weekend!!
- leisahammettThere's a residential lavender farm not too far from the ferries and a great community art gallery and shop local grocery and eat along the shore. Love #bainbridgeIsland enjoy @tshoxenreider
- leisahammettCan't recall how long the drive to Port Townsend. Best Sat. Farmers Market ever. Awesome community @tshoxenreider
- mollycarlsonI grew up on Bainbridge. It's farmers market is awesome too. And Cafe Nola for brunch. Have fun and say hi to my fam!
- se7en_hoodsWow... You guys are a great team!!!
- annvoskamp#bestwife #enjoy
- danielleajonesI read a novel that featured Bainbridge Island: "The Violets of March."
- tshoxenreiderIt sounds like we're going to weigh 500 pounds when we leave.
- suzielindThat's so awesome!
- lidia_trufinBainbridge is gorgeous! Have fun!!
- njdwe10I spent two summers there when I was younger. I have wonderful memories of Bainbridge Island.
- swtgrl1231I love Bainbridge. What a great surprise!
Log in to like or comment.