generalelectricCongratulations to our 9 Next GE Instagrapher finalists from around the globe who posted the top 20 voted photos of the contest. Best of luck during the judging period! Stay tuned for our winner announcement on Monday the 19th and check out the finalists gallery on the GE Facebook page - facebook.com/GE. (Finalists: @developit, @thharris10, @stsanto, @lyssalynnftw, @tarapacheco, @joanna, @pakiviritz, @ivannavaphoto, @adamsenatori)
- stsanto@lyssalynnftw - just bring me one of those cupcakes, coffee on me 😄
- tarapachecoNote: @stsanto @lyssalynnftw I will take one of those cupcakes!
- alyssawisser@tarapacheco @stsanto I would gladly make you both cupcakes (:
- phonenomenonHahaha! Fat thumbs! All the best @stsanto! I'm sure everyone from @instasg is cheering for you! 👏
- stsantoThanks @phonenomenon ! Er.. Actually no one in @instasg knows this yet... Didn't tell anyone in fact, paiseh if not gonna win 😄😄
- stsantoHi GE team, any decision yet? It's Tuesday and we are anxious. 😁
- tarapachecoNow that the contest is officially over, I'm hopeful @generalelectric can clear up some questions about the rules. For example, I was under the impression that photos had to be taken between two specific dates. Not submitted but actually taken. This as worded in the official rules.
- tarapacheco@stsanto Announced on Facebook app.
- stsanto@tarapacheco - good catch, now I'm curious too.
- stsantoAnyway, congrats to @adamsenatori - the aviator man and featured Instagramers (by Instagram blog). Who else can be the perfect instagrapher to capture the aviation manufacturing facility of GE?
- pakorivCongrats @adamsenatori!! Have a lot of fun and take a LOT of pictures in the GE factory! 📷✈🚀
- vividsister@tarapacheco I agree. Why bother having rules @generalelectric if they are not going to use them when judging the photos. This is the 2nd online photo comp in FB in the past month that seems to have side stepped the rules.
- vividsister@tarapacheco @generalelectric No tagging old photos should have been clearly stated in the rules.
- stsanto@developit @tarapacheco - I missed that fine print as well, however the rule of pictures taken only between those two dates are quite clear and obvious, which can serve as legal reference. I hope GE team or the agency that is running this can come up with satisfying explanation before this is leaked out to the media.
- vividsister@stsanto @tarapacheco winner here on FB http://www.facebook.com/GE?sk=app_290098231012239
- stsanto@developit - yup, knew it earlier. I congratulated him, see above 👆
- generalelectric@tarapacheco @stsanto @developit We’ve taken a look at your concerns about the winning contest photo. Our intent was to create a fun and engaging contest among Instagram users to find photos that interpreted the four areas of GE Innovation (Moving, Curing, Powering and Building). We were looking for photos that were original to the entrants and met the judging criteria stated in the rules. The winning photo beautifully interprets the Powering category and we congratulate the winner on his selection. We regret any ambiguity that may have been created regarding the timing of the photos and will work to avoid such ambiguities in the future! Thanks for your comments and feedback, we look forward to your participation in future contests.
- tarapacheco@generalelectric Thank you for your response. I feel the winning photo was an excellent if not perfect choice for your brand; that said, as the photo itself was older than the dates specifically stated in your official rules (no ambiguity with dates; sorry), perhaps GE should have simply hired him. The contest was fun for all but ultimately the integrity and reading capabilities of the judges doesn't hold up. C'est la vie.
- vividsister@generalelectric I suppose the world is made up of people who follow rules and those that don't.
The rules state when to begin snapping photos, no ambiguity at all. If the rules had said to submit photos that is a completely different thing. Using the words 'snap photos' it is very clear that this relates to taking an actual photo.
The photo that was chosen was excellent but it and many other finalists photos fell well outside the official rules that when we all became finalists were required to agree to.
- stsantoStill no statement for this matter?
Log in to like or comment.