longestacresfarmWinnie and Nick discovering with some dismay that her calf (age 7 minutes at photo) was a boy. But damn is he cute! Still wet from the birth. Winnie lay down to push him out in eight pushes. After the final push she jumped right up and started licking him clean. We raise good mamas. And the wonder and simplicity and humility of animal birth never ceases to smack me over. They are an inspiration.
- carissajgprobably super inspiring as you prepare to give birth to your own :)
- heatherbaysI wonder what the csection rate is for animals!! lol. Just jokes. It's incredible how natural and normal and magical birth is, it's too bad human births couldn't always be this trusted like this. Beautiful shot!
- bek_warrenWow! What a special time.. Good job, Winnie. And good job to you and nick!
- kristi_currierAre you familiar with the bradley method? Dr. Bradley was raised on a dairy farm in CO and based his birthing method to mimic the way animals birth so peacefully.
- fractionsofloveGo Mama Gi!! I'm just curious, and know nothing about farm raising, but what would make a girl baby better? #sillyquestion
- arielshannoncohen@fractionsoflove i imagine so they could breed and milk her. i think winnie is their dairy cow rather than a meat variety
- madmammajamma@justahappymama this brought the same thing to my mind! I have 2 Bradley babies :)
- goldenmegEyes welling up over here. the beauty of it all. that sweet face, can't help but think of ted.
- dalexdalexWelcome to the world!
- eleosferraSo sweet!!! May I ask something? How can you do this? I mean, see a little one born, help him grown, love him and then kill him? My heart will explode
- cosmickim@marahmorris 😁
- marahmorris@cosmickim 👏❤️
Log in to like or comment.