ed.templetonRob Clayton ( @clayton_brothers ) talks with Doug Rickard (AmericansuburbX.com ) both these humans make great art. #parisphoto #parisphotola
- jeffsotoartRob is so rad
- ninethings@jeffsotoart 👌
- williamgalindoamericansuburbx is the best
- maatttt_What is art?
- _bradcoreWhy it's an expression of creativity @mattornelas_
- maatttt_@bbbbrad does it have to be good to be considered art?
- _bradcoreNot necessarily @mattornelas_
- marystreetmayhemWhat constitutes good or great art is what I want to know...time spent? Craftsmanship? Skill/ability? Emotion? Or do some people just do it and some don't?
- ed.templeton@marystreetmayhem the answer is: You know it when you see it.
- ed.templeton@marystreetmayhem what is great art to some might not be to others. Some very talented artists never gets noticed and some talentless hacks get noticed and celebrated. But your opinion is what matters when deciding what is good or bad.
- grownupgambino@tempster_returns @marystreetmayhem @bbbbrad taking an art class right now, and I asked my teacher how a big canvas painted all blue can be considered art.. He didnt give me a bery clear answer. Not that I'm saying its not, I'd just like to know what other people think.. Can any of you answer my question?
- grownupgambinoYeah, I only saw it in a book, I guess I'll have to go see it then!
- outofshapephotosif you're talking about minimallism, it isn't for everyone.
- ed.templeton@grownupgambino certain periods of art were built from previous periods in response. I think minimalism was a response or reaction to something that happened before or it was a group of people who wanted to go in a new direction. This all happens within a group of art world people. An outsider would have to know about all of the previous movements to understand why a blue canvas makes sense or what statement that canvas makes. ------ just like only a skater might notice the difference between a frontside or backside smith grind. A regular person who doesn't know skating might wonder why the backside smith scored more points in the contest.
- grownupgambino@tempster_returns thanks man, I asked another art teacher in school today about the same thing and she told me about the different periods in art and stuff. But yeah. An just wondering.. Do you have a favorite artist..?
- _bradcoreBravo @tempster_returns Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. @grownupgambino Seek and ye shall understand
- grownupgambino@bbbbrad yeah man 👌 well said
- marystreetmayhem@grownupgambino also, another thing to consider: you as the viewer only experiences the "finished" product unless you're making the art yourself. You assumably don't know the process that went into making that canvass blue. The art in this could very easily lie in the process. What the artist experiences when making something is not the same as someone viewing it for the first time. So the art could solely be for the artist. Who knows?
- ed.templeton@dougrickard welcome!!!!
Log in to like or comment.