instagramOf all the authors in the history of English literature, few can hope to have a legacy as lasting as that of William Shakespeare. Born in late April of 1564 in the small English village of Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare relocated to London when he was of age where he went on to pursue a career as an actor and a dramatist. During the course of his life, Shakespeare drafted what have become some of the most famous works in the English language. Many of his poems and plays, including Romeo and Juliet, The Merchant of Venice and Hamlet, are still considered foundational parts of modern education and continue to see new interpretations onstage, in literature and in pop culture. Shakespeare is also believed to have contributed nearly 2,000 words to the English language. He died on April 23, 1616.
Photo by @edmundhardwick
- jessiehepIt's in the 23rd not the 21st
- robinsonxoxoThe best
- terenceseetoo88#tudor #oldworldcharm #black&white
- albamartinezlarraz@ilanabastosmiranda lo que me faltaba hahahahahhahaha
- e.wxcI share a birthday with him
- ampangelI have some really old books of Shakespeare if your interested
- _rhixnnonCurrently learning about him now know one fact more
- hockey.trixsI went to see it
- elxse__I learnt all about him in history at Preston academy
- elxse__Btw it's in yeovil
- hardythursdayI love dogs
- joshprestonn7@instagram I went their yesterday
- hasse11kingFirst comment in the year
Log in to like or comment.