instagramOn April 12, 1961, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin completed the first manned space flight. The 27-year-old circled Earth in the Vostok 1 (Восток-1) spacecraft for one hour and 48 minutes, marking the opening of a new chapter in space exploration.
Now, Russia celebrates this achievement with Cosmonautics Day, in which ceremony participants process through a series of important commemorative landmarks. It begins near Gagarin's statue in the city of Korolyov, moves to his grave in the Red Square's Kremlin Wall Necropolis and continues through Cosmonauts Alley before concluding in Novodevichy Cemetery.
Photo by @grad
- fbintbNice photographing
- yung_jeezyUp yours
- donekaradoganSo scary. !!
- enesyoluminteresting :/
- ch5_20S/O please
- sydneyiscuteSomeone with 33 million followers isn't going to give you a shout out if you don't even post good photos and you don't even spell out "shout out" haha you guys are ridiculous
- 7758fionai like it
- avery.kennedy7High up
- ryanplayzminecrarftLooks like the escalators to heaven sorta
- nostardamosLooks like the tower of the americas
- sssammehAlien antenna..."roger..."
- valeria___10Russia!!!!!love Russia!!!!!
Log in to like or comment.