natgeoDavid Alan Harvey. Rio de Janeiro, #Brazil. I am in #Rio giving away free copies of the magazine version of my book (based on a true story) to the people of Rio. Here I am photographing youngsters at a giveaway in the #Cantagalo community in Zona Sul.
Some of the photos in the book appeared in the October 2012 issue of NatGeo.
Thank you to community leader Elisangela Sena for all of her help.
Copies of the magazine can be purchased on BURN: www.burnmagazine.org.
- iamhuiam_3773@leansanchez can't wait for rio!
- j_alshehriعمان معروفة ما عليها كلام
- mylingualCool @msperrylive
- pdromorenoGreat work!
- themadhansterWhat an ego. How about providing a photography class or something more useful than a "quality magazine"?
- davidalanharvey@themadhanster giving a gift is a sign of big ego? you have zero clue about me.. If you look at Burn Magazine you will see that I am doing a workshop on Sunday. . And doing kids w cameras workshops from time to time for 30 years.. Do your homework please
- davidalanharvey@themadhanster the magazine is a thank you for allowing me to work in their community .. Pay back pay forward.. Nothing more nothing less
- themadhanster@davidalanharvey I stand corrected. ✌
- mistymac@marrettaa I couldn't agree more. giving something is better than nothing. and these kids look happy to have what they have. and they don't look poor. they just look like normal children in my eyes. if you've never met the children how would you know what they need/want? children want attention and for someone to make them feel special. giving of one's time is so very important to the spirit of children. keep up the good work @davidalanharvey. your photos do and will make a difference in this world. and giving a gift of any kind to a child gives them hope that they mean something to someone in this world. and hope is what all children need.
- starlajdanielsWell said #mistymac 👏
- ebonykirkupAgreed @mistymac very well said :)
- anney_bpGood point @mistymac 👏👍
- debpage1Nicely put @mistymac!
- vanessagfroesI'm Rio
- youngplantsmanI have a friend who lives in São Paulo. Awesome dude!
- beckerotavioRio is great.
- susekaterRio my Home.
- stephgolobLmao @evxe I actually had to look close at that one. Pretty sure its not me lol
- sailingnationsAmazing 🙌🏼
Log in to like or comment.