natgeoPhoto: @randyolson - The Serengeti may be one of the healthiest ecosystems on the planet. But while many work tirelessly to save the land and its wildlife, almost none are looking out for the rights of the local indigenous people, the Maasai in particular.
Conservation is a primary focus and a huge influx of tourism is turning Maasai warriors into Maasai beggars. The government is living in a fantasy world as if it is still 1959 and the Maasai are still nomadic. The government doesn’t want to provide any infrastructure for the historic inhabitants for fear it will create sedentary communities that will stop the annual animal migration. @natgeo @thephotosociety #Africa #Serengeti #Maasai #latergram
- _____gcIt's so sad that the world is so self-abosorbed. If we were all selfless, there wouldn't be any poverty or any struggle (the kind that you see in foreign countries)...
- _____gc... in a perfect world
- cowgirlovertureHonestly. Proud of my Masai blood!
- theberntravelerIts a living cultural landscape
- jonjonjonnyjon@maroseha wow! my project can take a whole new turn.
- nicdecesare@jbalkus !
- whimsicallycatasticSo deep, so meaningful, I'm crying, so, that time, my elephant was captured by some African kids that were trying to eat its legs I tried to scare them away but there was so many of them ...
- whimsicallycatastic@tribalrain thanks omg I've never thought of myself that way before ! Your purpose in life must be so meaningful too. To uphold the integrity and importance of Instagram thank you Good Samaritan of Instagram. People like you keep world peace.
- monalingsLol. Natgeo being political..
- itsmeradifaThat awful to hear
- betagamizadoI can't trace his or her complexion. Misterious silhouette
- fishpieunicornNat geo + politics = :/
- julesarthur_arts@tklawson beautiful! #masai
- heybecca99@missmeganallen thought you might find this interesting
- missmeganallen@penny_fillmore sad :(
- monalynnzSad they are Human beings
Log in to like or comment.