natgeoPhoto by @chamiltonjames - heather burning in Shetland this evening. Heather hills are burned annually to rejuvenate the land. They can burn out of control though so here the farmer tends the fire. Shetland has enjoyed a couple of weeks of unusually fine weather whilst the rest of the UK has been unusually cold - unusual for a place do far north.
- walmordeoliveiraVivemos assim @mateotroncoso pisando em brasas...
- __brinley__Absolutely spectactular!
- prabowoadityoSo hot!
- yoxmankHow can they burn everything and produce that kind of smoke and pollution, you're supposed care about the long term and not just crop by crop. Embarrassing
- piercervetti@gioiegiani @gabrieledrago queste son foto
- ariela6322:) :(
- hendifrediangreat shoot!!!
- he_deaNever knew this but what an interesting fact!
- k8thanleyAbsolutely amazing!
- k8thanleyPhoenix land
- izzy_40@natgeo, thank you for allowing us to live vicariously through you photographs. Amazing pics w/ tons of substance...for a change. Thank you!
Log in to like or comment.