natgeoPhoto: @randyolson - "Smokin Hassar" underwater with Amerindian John Anthony fishing in his dugout canoe in top of frame. They call the Loricariid catfish "Smoking Hassar" because it breathes in and out when you pull it out of the water and the locals put cigarettes in its lips and it blows smoke. @natgeo @thephotosociety #guyana #river #latergram #fish
- chl.bastosAmazing pic!
- cikgu_Ikan sapu sapu (cakar lumut)
- odidrummer@reyesak un plecus
- reyesak@odidrummer Aaaahhh!! Quiero uno!!
- aimzraad@asdghikm if I'm on your shoulders then yes!! Hahaha
- dczsThats cool
- teagan_rain11I am also teaganta
- teagan_rain11So ya
- joyce_blueswhy would they do that 😒
- marvian04what the fish..?
- beccs4uWhere was this taken?
- gurhanabdiI don't get it either so he has a Dug out canoe. Ok now what does the smoke do does it sufficient the fish and cause it to flow upward for easy catch. Seems very efficient perhaps elaborate a bit more regarding the process.this may be inefficient. you need a way to know when to blow smoke. So less carcinogenic material are passed to the fisherman.
- seanclintonmorganGreat photo!
- meagangwenn@psteele0024 try to catch this 😂😭
Log in to like or comment.