heidiapples, ebapanada, natalieschreurs, thesimplefarm, foodatstjosephs, cateccameron, adeleg6, silent_rangr and youcancallmetiff like this
catherine_saxelbyA retro-salad with beetroot, cheese (yes, processed) and pineapple ring. Still around at Tea Gardens. No wonder people don't like salads!
- christinequiltsWhen you think there are recipe books devoted to hundreds of different salads :( ...same with soups! Why does it have to be pumpkin soup almost invariably??? Yes, pumpkin is nice & has been for the last 25-30 yrs it's been on the menu... Time for some variety! (Sorry, little hobby-horse of mine!) @catherine_saxelby
- paleo_princess314Oh dear. Do I spot iceberg lettuce under there? I only use that for lettuce cups
- catherine_saxelbyNo you're quite right @christinequilts. Variety is a key nutrition principle as well as nice for taste! So sick if pumpkin soup too lovely as it is! Am with you :)
- catherine_saxelbyYes @taraandmike it was ye old faithful iceberg lettuce shredded finely as the base of my 1960s retro salad. I never buy it except for lettuce cups as you say. Which it excels at!
- simpietExactly what I was served for Salad as a child.
Log in to like or comment.