drandallblytheIt's a beautiful morning in Prague, & time for me to go to what is (hopefully) my final day in court here- supposedly judgement will be passed today & I will move on with my life in one direction or the other. Which direction that is, I do not know. I could walk free, or conversely go to prison for up to ten years. Such is my life right now, & I must stay in this moment until its resolution. Whatever happens to me, do not feel sorry for me, for I am at peace & refuse to feel sorry for myself. Life happens. Deal with it. Some people cannot understand why I have returned, saying I should not come back here. KNOW THIS, & mark my words well- it would be absolutely intolerable for me to hide from this situation. I am an innocent man, but a family suffers the loss of a son, a fan of my band. That is what this whole thing is truly about, not prison, not money, not politics, not ME- it is about a young man who lost his life at just 19 years of age. He will never come back, & it breaks my heart. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that I did not behave honorably & try to give his family some answers. That would be disgraceful, and I do not wish to dishonor myself or my family by acting in such a cowardly manner. I was raised to face my problems head on. For me, this is BEING A MAN. I categorically refuse to live in a constant state of guilt & fear. I would rather die. My morality & convictions are not dependent upon unforeseeable circumstance, nor malleable when difficulty arises. So I walk this morning to court with my head held high, no matter what others opinions of me may be. I have to face myself in the mirror, & tomorrow morning, where ever I may wake up, I will be able to do that without regret. This is THE ONLY path to true freedom for me- peace within myself. This is the manner in which I choose to try my best to live my life, & I hope you all do the same- do your best to do what is right, no matter how difficult it may be. I promise you, this will bring you peace. I thank you all for your support, I wish you all a good day, & to quote one of my favorite movies: STRENGTH AND HONOR.
- sue_splash@drandallblythe honorable, dignified and sincere....beautiful words @papahet72
- _s1gnoribhendittoVery inspirational words, Randy. Hope we can see you again performing in Jakarta very soon......cheers \m/
- sierra_gold_You are so brave and upstanding - all my respect !
- timsg97These words...Truly inspirational. You wrote that all in the fear of not coming back for ten years.
- dhailperillaSuch a great man. 🙌
- bee_radderYou made the right decision, and thankfully so did the judge. The best possible outcome from such a horrible and unfortunate situation.
- didderI'm so stoked to see what the future holds for you. @drandallblythe
- shubhamshas_randomosityYou sir @drandallblythe are magnificent. Respect.
- scootzmcgootz@drandallblythe You should SERIOUSLY consider doing Joe Rogan's podcast. You'd be an amazing guest. Very pleased that you are now a free man, hope to see you out on the road soon doing what you do best.
- dlong85@drandallblythe you are very inspirational to me and I just want to let you know that what you did with the court and justice system over there in Prague was very honorable & all I have is mad respect for you more than I ever had before. Have a great day Randy.
- drandallblythe@sc00tzmcg00tz If he asked me I would.
- mydadsbuttThis is why I look up to you. You were a big push in me becoming a vocalist, and your morality is outstanding. I've looked up to you since I started listening to LoG and then seeing handle this case in the fashion you did just set it for me. You are, without a doubt, one of the most honorable and respectable men that I've ever heard of. Thank you for being a man that I could look up to. You truly are a role model for me. Keep on keeping on man
- lsdesignlkhey im form srilanka. we love your music , \m/
- calebcampionHonestly on of the most honorable things I've heard. You truly are an inspiration to myself, and quite a few others. We all know you meant no harm, and I'm glad your case went well.
- juliokikeaGlad that youre a free man Randy
- mike_newcoKalamazoo! Hope that got your attention.Just saw as the palaces burn. I love your moral character Mr. Blythe. You showed me how to walk and talk. Untill next time I see you. Kalamazoo!
- wella.se@godscoldhands_ 👌
- dkearth82This is called integrity.
Log in to like or comment.