roblutterWhat does #InstagramMeansToMe ? Well, on a cold autumn day, nearly 2 years ago, I found myself cycling away from London, into the wind and the rain, with only a bike, tent & camera for possessions. Behind me was an old life full of lethargy & loneliness. Ahead of me the open road & a world of opportunity, creativity & potential friendships. It was the beginning of a 30000km photographical journey around the world by bike, though at the time, on that very first day, pushing on into the unknown, I was scared, I felt lost and it was hard to see any sense in what I was about to do. But all that mattered was that I was moving and changing once again and that I had a camera in my hand. During the ride I discovered this little App called Instagram which, over time, grew into a driving force behind the adventure, as moved further into wild terrain, across deserts and mountains, through dust and snow. Instagram has become an integral part of life on the road. At the hardest times, when I found myself struggling to pedal or capture, it was this incredible community that I turned to for motivation. Days could pass with no real contact and weeks with no creative feedback. The smallest message of support from others around the world for my journey & photos would fill me with joy, help me stay connected, critical of my work and get me raring to be back in the saddle. Two thirds of the journey still remain, but I feel more creative now than ever, more social than I ever did sitting in an office, surrounded by grey walls and the hum of computer terminals! The power of Instagram is in it’s people, it’s community, folks I have never met, but owe thanks to for responding to my journey & for giving me a window into their own creative adventures too. Everyday I learn something new from you. Everyday I grow. Instagram, like my bicycle, is a vehicle to life, to living. It’s a road down which interaction and change is inescapable. For me, there’s a long way yet to go, on the #instaroad and the real one. My dream is to take people along for the ride. With Instagram... I can.
- patis_ekfreedom... into the wild
- reemsarrafyou're photographs are incredible, keep up the good work @roblutter
- _ericm_So rad dude! 👊
- bentcashew87Man! You only live once! And YOU are doing it right!
- lingling_jiangGo, Rob, go! ✨🚴✨
- jugal94When i first heard frm a friend didnt believe at all but seeing somebody doing what they love so dedicatedly and seriously inspires me go rob go @roblutter
- roblutter@abbyleeofficial yes it was!
- roblutter@jugal94 oh wow thanks so much mate! Such nice words! ☺
- jugal94;-) @roblutter
- abbyleeofficialOMG U ANSWERED!
- cyclelove#cyclelove x
- topsy_topWowwww!!! Keep it up & rock the world like I know you will, Rob!!!!!!! @roblutter
- roblutter@abbyleeofficial lol yeah 👍
- cathnursReally brave amazing journey in your decision and journey itself!! Wow. Safe travels
- _dylan_87Non mollare !!! From italy
- darekm101I am the 224th comment on this post, wow. I just heard your interview on the candid frame from a while back. Rob, the leap you took is mind blowing and inspiring. The scenes and photo you post are honest, authentic, and beautiful. You say you find motivation from IG community , well the inspiration you give us is so deeply touching, I am pressed for words of gratitude. Thank you! You provide the proof of how far we can go if we just take the leap and go for it. There is one thing you said in the interview I envy, you encounter selfless people in remote places who offer you food for the road, such human honesty is so rare in the large cities we live in. Ride on!
Log in to like or comment.