thebettyrockerLike Garlic? Let me tell you why you may want to consider taking your relationship to the next level and falling in LOVE with this antioxidant powerhouse. 💘 Studies show that garlic has potent antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-cancer properties thanks to a VIC (very important compound 😊) called ALLICIN. Garlic has also been found to prevent blood clotting, lower blood pressure, and reduce inflammation - athletes and fitness freaks listen up!
Did you know that crushing, slicing or chopping it actually makes its nutrients more available? Any of the above help release the allicin. If you let the crushed/chopped garlic rest for about 5 minutes the process is enhanced even more. Always add it to your cooking close to the end, to prevent the allicin being destroyed by the heat. **Fun tip, chopping and juicing carrots has a similar effect as their carotenoids are more fully released by crushing.
I was feeling a little under the weather ☔ today and realized my immune system probably needed a boost. Grated some garlic and added it to my lightly sautéed greens this morning. How do you like yours?
#bettyrocker #bettyrocking #fitness_food #fitfam #30days #fitwomencook #healthy #garlic #instagramfitness #yum #delicious #cooking
- taylormami@marcustaylor20 - sofrito!!
- macborbergMy tummy do not digest it 😖
- chihuahuapeopleunitedHaha I just tell my girlfriend I have a weird thing about eating fresh garlic. I love them! I eat them like candy, pop them of the skin and eat it. Glad to know they are good for me. 👍
- savvyzeeI add it to my green juice! Perfecto! 💛
- munizita@jfelix7 @beba_mu for you two garlic lovers 😜🙊😷
- hpyb@i_am_wonder_mike check it
- nicolettecat25Thanks for the info!!! No wonder my mom tries to give me garlic pills when I'm starting to get sick ha now I'll start cooking with the real deal when I'm feeling sick
- jfelix7@munizita thanks this makes me LOVE it more I'm putting it in my salmon tonight 😄
- thebettyrocker@nicolettecat25 sounds like you have a great mom ❤❤
- mattsmithactualThis is awesome thanks :) I love garlic and use it everyday but I've never read any actual facts about its benefits
- browngirlgreensmoothieI have become addicted to these olives, stuffed with whole garlic cloves & marinated in Napa Valley Chardonnay. Yum!!!
- thebettyrockerOh my goodness @browngirlgreensmoothie that sounds delicious!
- rebeccacraddock@thebettyrocker remember it keeps the vampires away 😊😊
- c.mdy@omoafrica MY KINDA SHIIIIIIII!
- fitgram4lyfe_I totally love garlic (fresh of course 😉😋, I add it to my homemade salad dressings, guacamole, sautéed greens & so much more! @thebettyrocker
Log in to like or comment.