dguttenfelderA North Korean guide uses a pointer at the start of a tour of an historic site. On Jan. 18, 2013, foreigners were allowed for the first time to bring mobile phones into North Korea. And this week the local service provider, Koryolink, is allowing foreigners to access the Internet on a data capable 3G connection on our mobile phones. In the past I could post geolocated phone photos to my Instagram feed by turning my online laptop into a hotspot to link my iPhone or iPod touch by wifi. But, today I'm posting this directly from my phone while riding in the back of a van in #Pyongyang. The window on to North Korea has opened another crack. Meanwhile, for Koreans here who will not have access to the same service, the window remains shut.
- sand_boxing@jacksonrperry North Korean news
- rayyoes@lrosenbe wow
- thomassharrem123It's Derek's wife (Japanese version)
- raicher@lonelyphotograph North Korea, check it out
- cowbelly@the_labs you and Bill should check this out. @dguttenfelder is the first IG account to be posting photos from inside North Korea. Really amazing stuff. I'm riveted.
- ig_taylor@dilankc91 innocent?
- ig_taylor@dilankc91 no.. They want too. They are brainwashed, Kim Jong and having America, a far superior country in terms of quality of life, not doing what Kim Jong says is not a word or phrase in their mind.
- ig_taylorHating, I meant not having
- victoriouslife@dguttenfelder hi David. I would like to visit it this or next year. Want to see the land of my anscestors. I was born in former USSR country and never seen my homeland. How difficult to get a trip to NK?
- mondongoDavid - did you create and name the "check in / location" spots in NK?
- dguttenfelder@victoriouslife Tourists can go tho spot are limited I think. I come here as a journalist so my case is different.
- dguttenfelder@mondongo No, I'm hitting my geolocator and the searching for the closest ore existing tag. I don't know who first created these. I'd like someone to explain better how it works.
- kiyomi_223What a strange action,open doorways to foriegnets but not local
- aroundtehran@paprikaaa This is the page I told you about. Apparently, he's now back home from Pyongyang, but you can still find his wonderful shots here if you scroll down for a few minutes!
- paprikaaa@aroundtehran thanks dude 👍 i'm checking it out
Log in to like or comment.