- THE #JJ DAILY FORUM -.
- Self Portrait -.
This photo was submitted by @luisao_2santos to the forum and it was featured by @jj_editor_justkellycraig. Let's use it as the start of a self portrait forum today. Tag your shots to #jj_forum_0549.
- rjohns889@tjoelchris today's daily forum is a self portrait forum and yours are the best :)
- tjoelchris@rjohns889 Well thank ya ma'am! I tagged some...
- rjohns889@tjoelchris 😁
- yvonne_wu7Wow! Congrats bro @luisao_2santos! 💢👊💢
- linhpandafaceWow !
- darcadiNice choice @justkellycraig
- littlecoal@justkellycraig @jj_editor_justkellycraig As usual, you've selected a fantastic image! You have an amazing eye, Kelly. Congratulations on the feature @luisao_2santos
- littlecoal@rjohns889 I'm so glad that you mentioned @tjoelchris in this thread. I had never seen his work before and it is incredibly good photography along with inspiring and thoughtful text. Thank you! 🙏
- rjohns889@tjoelchris does an amazing job! @littlecoal I'm so happy you took a moment to take a look at his work, Eric. 😀
- lilche_76@joshjohnson Why do I find that after several months of participating that often the same people get picked more than once. Shouldn't the love be shared. Another conflict o interest I've noticed is that your own appointed editors also get featured??? What's up with this?
- tjoelchris@littlecoal @rjohns889 ya'll are just awesome. End of story.
- jj_editor_justkellycraig@littlecoal @darcadi, Thank you so much, both of you for all@your kindness and support & @joshjohnson for the feature a feature!! My birthday is tomorrow & I love being a part of this community. You all are such a blessing in my life. Thank you.
- jj_editor_justkellycraig@lillac24, I am so sorry that you are feeling that way...I want to speak on behalf of my peers and fellow editors and the JJ Team, by saying, Welcome & we look forward to seeing you connect in the daily forums. I personally look forward to looking at your feed and seeing your mobile art!! Please don't give up yet. If I remember correctly, it was a good 6 months for me before I had a feature. And even recently, i went another 6 months w/o a feature. But now, it's so much more than a feature. It's about people. It's about connection. It's about community!! Hope you stick around. ;)
- lilche_76@jj_editor_justkellycraig Thanks for your quick response. I can imagine how difficult that may be with all the people in the forum. I appreciate your thoughtful comments and for taking the time to explain. I have enjoyed meeting and seeing new people, views and worlds thanks to this community and Instagram in general. Pictures and moments are so inspiring to me that this gave me the outlet to share them and share in others' experiences as well. For this alone I am truly grateful. I was just wondering how the inner workings functioned so as to better understand. And as I said before I also acknowledge the multitudes of images to siphon thru, I just think the same person getting featured within such a short delay of time is a little bias as there are so many talented individuals out there. I love the idea of this forum and am not going anywhere, and will definitely keep tagging jj. Just my 2 cents. Cheers :)
- lilche_76@jj_editor_justkellycraig And happiest of birthdays to you 🎈🎂🎈
- jj_editor_justkellycraigOh and thank you for the birthday wishes, CheryL @lillac24!
- jjcommunity@lillac24 Thanks for respectfully voicing your concerns. It can take courage and we appreciate it a lot. Bottom line is that every image pretty much stands on its own in the editing process. The photographer is not really considered much. There are two reasons. The first is technical the second is philosophical. Technically, as we scroll through the thumbnails to find out favorites, we initially have no idea who submitted the shot. It's just a thumbnail when we decide its a great pic. We also have no technical way of tracking who has been featured and when. This whole thing is casual and volunteer. There is no IT department. :-). Finally, I think on a philosophical level I feel strongly about the idea of each forum being a level playing field based only on the merit of the image. It doesn't matter who you know or how many followers you have. It seems that has to work both ways. I don't want to exclude people who are popular any more than anyone else. I'll admit I've seen a users name from time to time and passed them up because I know they were featured yesterday, but in general I want the only criteria to be is the image compelling. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for speaking up and thanks to @jj_editor_justkellycraig for such an gracious response too. Regarding the editors being featured as well I see no conflict. Every shot stands alone in the thumbnail gallery. With up to 15000 submissions a day I can promise you the last thing the editors or I are spending time thinking about are figuring out the politics of which image we should choose to repost. :-).
- lilche_76@joshjohnson Really appreciate your response and the breakdown. It helps to understand the process. Thanks for taking time, Cheers to you both :)
Log in to like or comment.