ediblesfMiso marinated black cod (@sirenseasa) with emmer farro risotto and a chunky walnut/beet green pesto. Uh, yeah, went a bit overboard. Between the richness of the pesto and the butttery-ness of the cod, seems like I ate a half- stick of butter. File that under "what you get for trying to be fancy."
- kathyhenJust bought farro and am trying to figure out the best way to use it - I've never made it before. Does it hold up well for a risotto?
- ediblesf@kathyhen well it doesnt have the starch content like a traditional risotto rice so you dont get the creaminess. I parboiled it first for 30 minutes, drained, then cooked like a tradional risotto, with sweated onions, white wine, a little bit of stock at a time. BUT I like it best just parboiled until done (slightly chewy) and then tossing with a mustardy vinaigrette and fresh chopped parsley. Great like this as a side dish with any kind of roasted meat.
- kathyhen@ediblesf that sounds amazing! Will try with a vinaigrette!
- kathleenkorbYou didn't stand a chance after the "dog bone". Rich food overload:)
- winechefI love farro risotto. I've never parboiled it though. Once I smoked it first for a scotch pairing class and served it with seared venison and creamed kale. Delish!
- ediblesf@kathleenkorb so true. Should have quit while I was ahead :)
- ediblesf@winechef this emmer farro takes at least an hour, so tried to knock some of that off. Love the smoked idea!
Log in to like or comment.