finchlindenMy dad used these cameras, along with the full accompaniment of studio and dark room trappings, to run a small photo business in the 1970's. They then took lots of photos of his new family in the 80's, and were secreted away by me on adventures as I learned to take photographs in middle school. On my most recent trip to visit, he asked if I wanted to take them - YES. Is this a trick question? One of them even had a roll of film in it from nine years earlier. Shooting with these cameras and lenses again feels so natural and satisfying. #objectsofaffection
- tenthdoctor@finchlinden did you develop what was on the film?
- finchlinden@tenthdoctor I did, it only had a couple frames taken, but I figured out exactly when I put it in there. I used up the rest of the roll and the shots are beautiful, I posted a few of them on flickr, starting here: http://flic.kr/p/cjw3tA
- prestonbrittenhouseOh, wonderful!!! That's some fine equip!
- wildcreaturesThis is so cool!!
- djkitty01i like
- yellowillowGreat story!
- kimdsarasota@techgpv :) you'll love this story
- evelynalauerLove these! Fun to be featured with you!
- finchlinden@wildcreatures @yellowillow @elauer4 thank you all 😊
- cristianparedesFound you through the Instagram feature. Great photo and I loved the story! Congrats! ✨👌✨
- maddie_paradeBeautiful *______* im a young ameture photographer..any tips for me? I have a simple nikon d40. Also a zoomlense, fish eye, some polarizers, etc. Any advice? I really like photography..oh yea and question; i really like taking pictures of plants, but my normal nor my zoom lense arent really up to my standards when it comes to focusing on real close objects. I mean duhh..its not a microscope, but im sure you know what i mean..what type of lense would help with that? Woyl
- maddie_parade*Would really appreciate it if you replied:)
- slynne21I'm an ameture photographer also and I love this old fashioned camera. Could you tell me what kind of nikon it is? I want to look around for one. Beautiful picture and great story by the way!
- finchlinden@slynne21 Nikon f2 - one of the cool features of these cameras is the changeable viewfinder. Both of these have different ones, and one is much easier for me to focus than the other, so if you find any make sure to take a look through.
- slynne21@finchlinden Alright thanks for much for info!
Log in to like or comment.