maddyawKonijn. Everyone always told me her name was so original, until they found out it simply meant 'rabbit' in Dutch. She used to sit up like a proper cuddly toy but through years of wear and tear she has, in result, turned out rather limp. I was given her by my Dutch grandparents as a baby, having now both passed away, making konijn even more special. I remember moping up my childish tears with her ears on multiple occasions, thinking her eyes were raisins and trying to eat them, and one time even leaving her accidentally on the beach when the tide was coming in - luckily my father, was at the rescue - something which I am ever grateful for! An entry for #objectsofaffection.
- eyeuptotheskyMy baby brother had the same puffalump! He took it EVERYWHERE!
- g0r0shekIm happy to know im not the only grownup that still sleeps with stuffed animals =)
- vamamaof3I saw this and couldn't help but smile! I have the Puffalump cat who is so special to me as well, and still sleeps with me every night! <3 to Konijn & @maddyaw from me and Kitty!
- evelynalauerFun to be featured with you!
- julismummyWow, i have the same Since 24 years! I named her "Minna" my grandma also dutch!
- julismummyWonderful Story! My One has only one ear :)
- ameera2Lovely! Cpngrats
- maddyaw@roberton_headstrong @elauer4 @julismummy @ameera2 thanks ☺
- maddyaw@g0r0shek I have three in my bed 😆
- maddyaw@eyeuptothesky @vamommaof2 I didn't even know the name of these toys or that they were so well known! Thanks!
- annefleurvanoWow, I love this picture. I used to have the same stuffed animal (yes, I'm Dutch too) and have searched all over for it online ever since. Ander now its lookalike just popped up on my IG feed! You made my day :)
- maddyaw@annefleurvano 😊 do you have a picture? So strange!
- g0r0shekThats cute =]
- vamamaof3Yea they are Puffalumps by Fisher Price and were big in the 80s. They made them again about 7 years ago for a short period of time sold exclusively at Target but they sadly weren't exactly the same fabric.
- maddyaw@vamommaof2 yeah I had a look on eBay for them and they were all made of some horrible shiney material! I think we got the better deal 😏
- vamamaof3@maddyaw def! Plus those aren't broken in and its taken 20+ years to do that! Lol. As a kid I "silked" the fabric, rubbing it between my fingers. No fabric ever worked as a substitute so my parents knew not to forget him when we traveled!
- maddyaw@vamommaof2 I did EXCTLY the same thing with mine!! I didn't know that's what I was called. I used to to it whilst I sucked my thumb, it feels so good still to this day, and makes me want to suck my thumb again!
- vamamaof3@maddyaw not sure if that's the "technical" term, just what my mom always called it. She said when I was a toddler she couldn't go through the intimates dept in stores bc I'd reach out and try to do it to lingere! And I did it the same, while sucking my thumb!
- maddyaw@vamommaof2 haha that's so funny! It must have been brought out if us by the puffalumps 😊
Log in to like or comment.