- #JJ DAILY FORUM -.
- Pictures of Strangers -.
@m_lloyd shot this image and it was featured yesterday by @jj_editor_ryocor. Let's use it as a start for today's "Picture's Of Strangers" theme. #jj_forum_0535.
@amberholritz recommended this topic to me yesterday. Here's what she suggests makes it a good theme choice. I agree. :-).
"It takes skill to take a well composed beautiful image of strangers without getting "caught" and it takes guts to ask for permission both are a real challenge.".
The ethics of shooting someone in public without their permission is a reasonable debate but, in the US at least, it is legal and a popular style of photography.
Looking forward to seeing your shots today. Remember, one of the best ways to use the theme is as an assignment to push you out of your comfort zone. Never walked up to someone and asked them to take their picture? Impress yourself today and give it a shot.
- kelseylately406I took a picture of a house fire on my street one time and got a shot with a guy in it taking pictures also. Three years pass and I'm talking to a guy at a party about that day, and it turned out he was the guy in my photo taking photos. Pretty crazy what can happen with a photo!
- jessepf@ahmyrmo this one has your name all over it my friend.
- anhemyHahaha YES!!! I'm in IG heaven! ;))) @jessepf
- annabel_learLove this theme!
- jessepfEdie I really respect you for asking... we only have one child, but he has always been pretty clear about not wanting his photo posted online without his permission... so as a parent it would be a bit odd to discover that a stranger had posted a photo of our kid, but that's just my thought and I would like to think of myself as a pretty open minded person at that, but... @sweetyedie
- jessepfI know you are Ann... watch out for that rate limit while you tag all those strangers @ahmyrmo
- jaycordeliaOne what prefect timing. In my school students have just been reprimanded for misusing the app "snapchat" to ridicule and make fun of students they did not have permission to shoot. I'd be interested to know where you stand morally on this topic @joshjohnson, even if its legal in the US. What boundaries should there be to photograph strangers in public. Personally, I am uncomfortable in posting my stranger shots and only will do so as long as no identifiable features are exposed. I also try to capture group shots in public so that way no person is singled out. And no children. I'm not a parent but I can imagine how disconcerting it must be to have pictures of your child taken by a stranger surfacing on the Internet.. These are just my thoughts. Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?
- eigoaecongrats man! Well deserved! :) @m_lloyd
- onefelldowntherabbitholeLove this theme!
- opaque_eleganceI was looking at the shots at a fair photography contest last summer . I saw a pic with a lady walking a trail with a big straw hat .. l thought hey that lady has a hat like mine ! Second look it was me ... I loved it !
- johnnylashCongrats man @m_lloyd
- popvidzCan @joshjohnson give me a shoutout
- yogi_ankCongrats @m_lloyd Michel! Wow so good, I missed the fact it is yours! 🌷🌷🌷
- sweetyedieThank you, Jesse!!! I think I'll hold off on posting identifiable pics, for now. 👍 @jessepf
- neburrubenCongrats! @m_lloyd 👏👏👏
- jeffxnelsonI love this photo. Simple and clean.
- marty143Reminds me of home ....
- twistdeeYou rock mon ami! @m_lloyd Congratulations!! Thoroughly deserving feature!
Log in to like or comment.