ediblesfSnacks for dinner: 5 minute eggs, puffed wild rice w/ sea salt, cured herring, black cod crudo w/ yuzo kosko creme fraiche.
- ediblesfOh, that would be yuzo kosho...
- lfstewartDid some of the cured herring on a puntarelle salad last night. Not particularly photogenic, but damn tasty!
- lfstewartAlso, googling the kosho...I'm going to have to make/find some of that! Maybe a trip to Nijiya tomorrow...
- ediblesf@lfstewart herring goes good with everything, especially puntarelle (that sounds kinda ideal actually)!
- ediblesf@lfstewart thats where I get it. Strangely addictive, that yuzo kosho. Definitely delicious stirred into creme fraiche!
- lfstewartWhen I first looked up the traditional Roman puntarelle recipes a couple months ago, they all had anchovy dressings. Figured the creamy herring & meyer is pretty close!
- lfstewartCool, will put it on the list!
- kathleenkorbWoah. That's amazing.
- foragesfPro style....
- quantasticYou must keep your eggs at room temp ;)
- ediblesf@quantastic they were really small eggs :)
- lfstewartIt wasn't a very pretty plate up, but I just crudo'd today's @sirenseasa black cod. Had it with the yuzo kosho creme fraîche (added a little espelette for color). Whoa, yum!! Just mopped up the rest of it w/some epi. Thanks for the idea!
- ediblesf@lfstewart not too shabby, huh? :) that yuzo kosho stuff is magical!
- lfstewartGood, good stuff! A friend had recommended adding it to a citrus salad, so I did that too. And crispy fish skin. Full. Happy stomach ☺
Log in to like or comment.