ediblesfNothing fancy - toothpick version - home-cured herring with some super smooth Icelandic White Ale. cc: @lfstewart there is a fish scale on my fingertip as I type this :)
- dashandbellayes. yum.
- lfstewartHa! :)
- lfstewartI was having trouble getting the bones out of one of my cured ones last night - the "grab the spine and pull" method brought too much meat with it, and it seemed like there was a...mid-fillet row of pin bones or something when I went at it with a knife. Any tricks? I'm guessing they're mostly soft enough to just eat, but wondered. Still want to agrodolce marinate some of these ones...
- ediblesf@lfstewart yeah they aren't as cooperative as sardines - you just have to go slow and work the spine bone out with your fingers. It will break, but you just keep going. I'm sure there's a trick to it tho :)
- lfstewartAlright, cool, I'll give it another go when I get home tonight. Glad it wasn't just me 😁 Realized I might have been spoiled with my last batch of little fish - anchovies that basically filleted themselves with a quick thumbnail.
- franklinhaggasBig fan of that beer, too
- mazetI live that einstock
- ediblesf@mazet uh huh Lily, I'm sure you live it too :)
- iloveblueseaOh lordie that looks good!
Log in to like or comment.