okayplayerAnother #TBT starring #jayz #sc #hova #jiggaman #skilz #madskillz #skillzemcee @skillzva
- she_gotta_lovejonesWow!!! @baddiebey
- troublman@okayplayer Jigga with the slim gold rope. Boy has the evolution of jewelry in hip-hop had its ebb and flow.
- verbal_clapHoly skinny mad skillz
- houseshoesDamn. That goodie mob shirt was the shit.
- jaeislaIt ain't the evolution of jewelry. It's the evolution of their bank accounts!
- troublman@jaeisla not necessarily. Big chains were in in the 80's. Then they got slim. Silver for a bit (DMX). Got extra long. Then platinum. Extra big charms. Now they slim again, but you need at least three of different lengths on at the same time. Lol.
- jaeisla@troublman I definitely agree that there is a contrast in size from 80's and 90's chains. Keep in mind that Reasonable Doubt and From Where? didn't go platinum when they first released back in 96 also.
- troublman@jaeisla True indeed. And their bank accounts have definitely grown. At the same time their understanding of wealth and the symbolic display of affluence has grown or rather matured as well.
- shepadimusgotnopliersEvolution of the rapper
Log in to like or comment.