baltimoresunPresident Barack #Obama proposed a new assault #weapons ban and mandatory background checks for all gun buyers on Wednesday in a bid to channel national outrage over the Newtown school massacre into the biggest U.S. gun-control push in generations. Details: http://bsun.md/13DN8jY | Photo: Mandel Ngan/ AFP/Getty Images #guncontrol #WhiteHouse #guns #igers #instadaily
- grafzepand what does he gain from this.. theres a gun lobby so they can make$$$$ from peoples fear..
- explore_and_eatFrom what I read of the proposal, it will not negatively impact any citizen who legally qualifies to own a gun, or current gun owners. But please point out specifically where it will do that if I am wrong.
- awfulsweetnessI will never understand why people who do things legally get all up in arms when the government demands that everyone do things legally. And I'm a Republican.
- cheermom4lfeWe don't live in the wild wild west people! Do you not see that "legal" gun owners are problems too! However READ THE PROPOSAL and stop assuming! I'm so tired of people that want to disagree Just Because!!!
- shape999The last assault weapons ban did little. I was able to buy high capacity magazines as long as they were made before the bans effective date. Be it at a much higher cost. This doesn't account for all the weapons and magazines already out there. The weapons used in Newtown were legally purchased and if it hadn't happened and this ban was just now being placed into effect Lanza would still have access to the weapons his mother bought. They need to do something better. This from a gun owner.
- cheermom4lfe@explore_and_eat you r correct
- explore_and_eat@awfulsweetness @cheermom4lfe 👍
- cheermom4lfe@shape999 honestly they need to put money into the security in schools,malls,theaters etc..get metal detectors n stop turning this around on the people! Bottom line government just don't wanna put that money out..because nothings gonna stop purchasing something that's already out there
- cheermom4lfe@shape999 I'm not a gun owner but I feel for those that own guns responsibly
- burdman02Lol this is stupid, so when a law gets passed and there is another massacre what are people gonna say?!?! We already know we can't stop prohibition with a number of other things and this would just be another one...background checks I agree with but a ban will only make a bigger black market. #truth
- andy7043Dont punish the citizens who own guns legally, for the action of a few idiots. Especially by banning weapons which account for less than one percent of all gun crimes! @righttobarearms @impeachobama @secondamendment @freedom
- explore_and_eat@andy7043 I seriously don't understand exactly what the "punishment" is. I honestly need to know so please give specifics.
- andy7043The 1994 AWB didnt do anything. Banning "assault weapons" has proven ineffective. Why infringe on my right to keep and bear arms, by banning a firearm that is responsible for less than half of 1% of all gun crimes. I shoot recreationally all the time and enjoy my hobby. You dont see people banning all baseball bats because a few psycho's got ahold of one and killed people, so why infringe on my right and ban my tools used for my hobby and self defence @explore_and_eat
- explore_and_eat@andy7043 Will this new ban take away firearms you already have? Or just prevent you from purchasing new ones? And just FYI I am seriously just trying to understand, not pick a fight.
- andy7043@explore_and_eat no it wont make my currently owed firearms get confiscated. It will make it impossible to buy new higher capacity magazines, and buy new assault rifles. They do want current firearms to get registered on a national database. And registration is the first step towards confiscation. I am all for upping our mental health screening in this country, but banning any types of firearms is not the solution. Look at the history of DC when they banned all types of guns. The criminals already dont abide by laws so whats the use of creating more laws?
Log in to like or comment.