adventurous_shelbyI'll be honest, the devo today did not reflect my theological beliefs. But it made me think about why I believe what I believe and how it affects me and those I interact with. Sometimes reading things you don't agree with helps you understand what you do believe. #shereadstruth #freshstart
- ayshanicole@clarkestudio i just read it too, and i'm interested to know your thoughts on what does/doesn't line up :)
- adventurous_shelby@ayshanicole I don't think we are destined to hell or the wrath of God simply because in a moment of weakness or stress we deny the existence of God. The bigger sin [for me, as all sins are equal in God's eyes] is to knowingly sin in-spite of God knowing full well we aren't supposed to do X. I believe no matter who we are and what we do, that if we call on him with our dying breath and accept, believe with our whole heart and repent of our sins He will take us in. I can't imagine we only have one chance to say 'yes I believe in this' all our stories are different and sometimes experiences change our lives. My husband is a chaplain and sees how experience change lives daily. No matter how big or small they are.
- ayshanicole@clarkestudio i definitely agree. i do think once we've died (physically) without Christ, then our chance for salvation is gone (for lack of a better term). but i DO believe that a 95 year old on their deathbed calling on Jesus' name can be saved, just as someone who is 18 with a full life ahead of them :) i think all Christians, at one time or another, struggle with the existence and reality of God..and i agree with you, i don't think asking those questions or walking away to really wrestle with what we believe will make us any less saved. we all have a chance for Jesus to be our blessed assurance :)
- leissnerartThere is a celebration in Heaven when a wayward child returns home no matter how long he's been gone or how close to the end he shows up. I haven't read today's, but I believe the savior is always on the lookout for his lost sheep.
- adventurous_shelbyI just felt like today's devo was very 'now that you have begun a new start, don't screw up because it will be hell for you' kind of message vs the potential to discuss being with one another in worship and community.
Log in to like or comment.