sydneyliannSay you got this nice banged up old desk for free, what would you do with it?
- dalima26Paint it&change the knobs on it:))
- marisabstone@sydneyliann check out Annie Sloan chalk paint I use it for all my furniture redos!
- cameeella@sydneyliann turquoise paint and new knobs! There's some good spray paint primer to make the job easier.
- jenniferheise@sydneyliann GOLD!
- stephemcdonaldEven if its laminate I'd sand it (doesn't have to be perfect) then paint it with white paint (with primer in paint)!! So simple!
- awfulsweetnessOh I love natural wood grain so much, I'd work out some demons sanding it down and apply a rich walnut stain with some reclaimed whocaresiftheymatch hardware.
- awfulsweetnessThen I'd sit a coffee mug full of number 2 yellows on top and call it a day.
- smeyleighCut the bottom couple inches off, add a cushion & make a cutie bench!
- lesmonserrathChange the knobs....check out urban outfitters....
- kirsti_marie84Change the knobs. Paint it turquoise like @skeeterprine suggested (crystal knobs for a classy look. Keep the origional knobs for a retro inspired look), SPARKLY gold (black crystal knobs), SPARKLY silver (crystal knobs) or simply white (crystal knobs). Pin a white, beautiful mirror to the wall. Put fresh peonies in a vase. Put some some jewelry in pretty bowls and boxes. And there you go: your own make-up/ dressingtable (if that's what you call it in english?! Exuce me if i'm wrong!:)) good luck! Can't wait to see the result:). X
- jlovesstyleGreat find!!! I love @smeyleigh idea of making it a bench....if it'd be sturdy enough! Otherwise paint a fun color and choose fun mismatched knobs for sure (anthro has tons).
- alexismaragniPaint. Knobs.
- jennking@sydneyliann spray paint it a high gloss bright happy color and add pretty hardware :) Great find!!
- w1costaPainted white I think it would be a nice vanity desk - lots of storage!
- mrsamywhiteI have that desk and ironically it was free, too! Mine is in great shape and we actually use it as a desk. 😜
- themptynestPaint it turquoise. Change the knobs. Put a glass top on the desktop with black & white pics under it!
- thelayeredhome@sydneyliann I'd paint it lacquer white, go to a countertop place and get a leftover piece of marble cut to go on top (cheaper!) and head to anthropologist to get cute knobs!
- andrea1skiUse magic eraser and white vinegar to clean up the scuffs, spray paint the legs and hardware gold and hang a big feminine modern print above it! And then post the after image :)
- mrsamywhite@hlcameron I'm not sure, mine is in storage but I just saw a similar one on Craigslist and they said the maker was Stanley. Hope that helps!
Log in to like or comment.