claytoncubittI've always held it as self-evident that black is beautiful. I grew up in New Orleans. My mayor was black. My teachers were black. My classmates and friends and girlfriends were black. The aspirational show on TV was The Cosby Show. We went to a black church. The pastor at my grandmother's funeral was black. But I also knew that my own Cajun white was beautiful. And brown, yellow, red. And all the thousands of shades that make humans so wonderful and different and amazing, and underneath it all, the same. And I've fought my whole career to showcase all that beauty. To mix it up, and subvert the expected. To be human, as I see humans, gorgeous for their variety and contrasts. This image from my "Lagos Calling" fashion story.
- claytoncubittCo-concept and styling by the amazing @rene_garza_ , makeup/grooming by @katiewedlund and epic tricky retouching by @kristenlotto at Gloss.
- ihatelobstersI've always loved this series.
- kristenlottoso honored to work on this with you...beyond beautiful
- yassmina_fandi@claytoncubitt the casting is awesome ;)
- claytoncubittHaha! Yes. The casting process was epic and laborious. Ms @yassminafandi was my agent at the time and patiently dealt with my demanding vision and found so many amazing subjects for the 20-page (plus cover) shoot. Thanks Yass!
- janloreSuperb! 👏👏👏
- houseoffriedmanAmen. Really dig the Lagos Calling series.
- ashleykashThe picture, The caption. Love as always
- ericwimberlyYou shot my friend Darion Tariq in this style. Beautiful work.
- davidk1ssPerfect caption.
- flogentlyI love your writing as much as I love your photography.
- iratherwalk@sarahailemariam this man
- sarahailemariam@iratherwalk love!
Log in to like or comment.