- #JJ DAILY FORUM -.
- Window To The Soul -.
Everyday we get together and post our best images to a new #JJ forum gallery based on a theme. Our @JJ_Editors browse that gallery throughout the day and highlight their favorite shots. Remember guys. It's never been a contest. It's a great way to meet some of Instagram's most passionate photographers and to get your work seen.
Todays theme is "Window To The Soul". This is a phrase in English that talks about the depth of connection you get at times looking into someone's eyes. Feel free to interoperate this theme as you like but I'm especially interested in portraits featuring a striking gaze. People or animals connecting with us through the camera with their eyes. Tag your images to the #jj_forum_0517 gallery.
Can’t wait to see all your pics and please don't forget to 1-2-3.
Wonderful pic @allsteffistaken! :-). Great feature @jj_editor_michaelvbryant.
- jeslolIs tht micheal jackson as a ware wolf
- locoellioAwesome pic!!!
- agp_xiiiCan u please s/o to me jj please
- skitsnsnicksFirst: @allsteffistaken congrats! Super cool edit👌.
- skitsnsnicksSecond, not sure if what I say matters @joshjohnson but: I know a lot of people I speak with would love to see more females on board. Like a part of the jj team. Lots of people who discuss the forum find it on the masculine side a lot of the time. But thanks for all you do and for running a community that inspires so many!
- jjcommunity@_just_jax If you never miss me you won't really truly appreciate me. ;-). In all seriousness though, we'll pick it up. Sorry about the lul. Thanks for noticing.
- jjcommunity@skitsnsnicks Interesting thoughts. I'd like to hear more about what makes you feel like the community has a masculine feel. As far the numbers go there are heavily more females involved in the submitting and initial editing process of the forums. Kevin and I are both guys. I guess that could influence things. Emily is the "Director of Operations" for the community though and she's pretty strong willed. She doesn't get bullied in our meetings. Trust me. :-). Help me understand better. What would a more feminine community look and feel like?
- thatsvalI second @skitsnsnicks. Even if the editors features are very diverse, from the final selections you can tell the forum is driven by men. Final choices are quite dramatic, many times dark pictures with some special light effects and silhouettes... Not sure if its matter of men and women.. But in the end the final selections, no matter the theme, have al something in common. They are beautiful, don't get me wrong, but not diverse enough.
- skitsnsnicksIt's kind of hard to put in words... The images are incredible ... But very powerful? Bold. Silhouettes, shinning lights, darker images. Family matters really helps a lot. But there are more soft and gentle images out there than just family/kids. I am an avid follower of this community and while I may have missed some posts here an there I don't think I've ever seen a flower featured lol. Yes flowers are done all the time... But not here they aren't 😉. Just an example. Personally I think the images you feature most of the time are way cooler than flowers but with such a big forum it's nice to see it all. I wasn't a fan of the "chaos" theme... But appreciated the unique diversity of photos it brought. And as far as diversity goes I think there could be a softer touch too. And yes I believe you that your female on board doesn't get bullied. She seems pretty tough lol.
- skitsnsnicksOh wow yes @ thatsval took the words out of my mouth while I was writing lol!
- mariekedejjPersonally, even as a female, I love the darker, edgy and silhouette images. You won't make me happy with flowers and lovely dovey stuff. Not sure it's a gender thing, it's more like just personal taste. And there might be a lot of platforms with flowers and more feminine stuff 🌸
- skitsnsnicks@mariekedejj people are focusing on the flower thing too much. It was an example. Overall variety is what I'm getting at. Not just dark.
- mariekedejjI understand. It's been like this forever and it draws people that like the forum so it'll get even stronger. But you're right about the fact that the intention is a platform for all and diversity should be in here. Browsing the forum I don't think it's all dark or the same. Just not very colorful apart from the colorthemes :) @skitsnsnicks (but check our @bestportraits, we're the same so maybe I'm not the perfect judge here :)) @joshjohnson
- skitsnsnicks@mariekedejj one more note. I don't only mean dark in color but also cold and distant in their meanings. Ya know? So while you mentioned that you are an edgy dark kind of gal... I see a lot of substance, love, character, meaning in your photos. Not just someone's back faaaaarrrr off in the dark distance. Anyway love your work always have! Amazed by it😘
- allsteffistakenthanks so much @skitsnsnicks 😆
- nickkopaBravo @skitsnsnicks! I've been thinking this for a bit now too.
- vernaes_days@joshjohnson thanks for taking the time to respond to all of us, keep up the great work.
- shellibean1162@mariekedejj I agree with you on this one! Flowers are nice but a dime a dozen! I like them but not everyday... I do however think we need to reach across the aisle! But like you I like the unusual fresh and on the edge!
Log in to like or comment.