xenijardinFrom "Hill's Manual of Social and Business Forms," Thomas Hill, 1882. My maternal great-grandfather Schwartz was a German immigrant to this country in the 1880s, and this book was an essential tool for his acculturation. The Civil War and slavery references in this book, so soon after abolition and the end of the destruction, are mindblowing.
- xenijardin@vonslatt @angeliska @yayayayayanos @docpop
- andredelena@xenijardin What kind of references?
- xenijardin@andredelena there's basically a whole Civil War explainer chapter.
- deepsea33Online perhaps?
- andredelenaYeah, I'd love to read that?!
- angeliskaOh dear... I'm afraid I defy those rules of etiquette regularly by allowing my dress to trail behind me as I walk rapidly along the avenue. How unbecoming
- docpopWhoa, pretty and weird. How many pages?
Log in to like or comment.