bobbysussmanAs my last #ESB post has brought about a discussion I hoped would happen, I prepared this pic for you. Yes, he is indeed carrying an Ice Cream maker and he's right out of the film. #toyshelf #toyshelfbts #starwars #starwarstoycrew #jsbcrew #blackdeathcrew
- varu76So lando wasn't the last black man in space
- tyler480I need that figure
- r2witcoHa ha, well played sir!
- mama__4ever_youngWell no matter where you go, ice cream is a must have!!
- joshualanemusicAbsolutely love this!!!
- tommydayThey made an action figure of that guy?
- tmbr@tommyday Yep. I saw it at TRU one day and I wish I would've bought it.
- galacticempireThat's awesome!
- menottijbThe action figure even has a beer gut on him!!
- chrispirilloThere's a bit of Star Wars trivia for ya...
- bobbysussman@chrispirillo I like to mix my entertainment with a bit of education. 😉
- chrispirilloI must credit you: this was news to me. :)
- darth_coffeeWas it really an icecream maker. When could you see him in the movie?
- bobbysussman@davin_mcfly I just googled "ice cream maker guy costumes" and found a link to therpf.com that has the following description: "The correct unit is a 4-quart Ice Cream Maker consisting of a plastic bucket, a metal canister with plastic lid and a stirring unit that goes inside canister, and a motor unit. The bucket has a wood-grain pattern molded into the plastic and comes in various colors (I have a yellow and red one). The motor unit comes in (at least) black and white.
It seems the same unit was sold under different brand names: Dolly Madison, Sears, and Sunbeam (and perhaps others). There is a similar unit sold under the same variety of brand names that has a nearly identical motor unit, but the bucket is wider and shorter, making it the wrong proportions for the prop.
The unit is dated 1976, but the research seems to indicate that the same unit may have been produced well into the 80s."
- bobbysussman@chrispirillo Update! This Ice Cream Maker was also painted grey and was one of Luke's cargo boxes around him on Dagobah when he handstands without Yoda balancing on him and he for sees his friends in pain. This is news to me!
- bobbysussman@davin_mcfly There are only two shots in the whole film with the crowd fleeing Cloud City. In the last shot, Lando and Leia run past him as he heads to camera right. He's the absolute last citizen you see.
Log in to like or comment.