dosdoodlesThey keep telling us that they don't own our photos, but they remain indirect about this fact: the new TOS clearly state that if you post it, they can use it or license it to anyone they want. Worldwide. I'd love to hear from you about how you feel about this change and whether you plan to remain on IG... I am seriously considering moving to a different photo sharing service. I just hate the idea of missing out on the fun with you guys!!! #theyaremyphotosNOTyours! #byebyeIG?
- bloombainbridge😪😪😪😪Oh no! I can't do without Doodle Love everyday!😪😪😪😪
- lee_lunnI think this is lawyerese for taking no liable ownership but all of the ownership of the profit potential of content. I could be wrong though I'm no lawyer...perhaps @jmlaz could be more insightful.
- rumples.momI don't give legal advice. I'm not a lawyer yet and certainly not one in the US. @lee_lunn But I do think, unfortunately, that if we all move to another photo sharing site and it becomes the next big thing, they will just pull the same sh*t.
- katmeowhutchI don't think I post anything Instagram would want to use so I don't worry about it!
- punkadooI'm with @katmeowhutch, I seriously doubt they'd want my pics...that being said, it's flat out wrong!
- simplysweetsbyhoneybeeAt this point in time I'm not too concerned about it. I don't think I'm exciting enough for them to want to use my pics. I have met some amazing people on IG. I enjoy seeing their photos. Your doodles always make me smile. I would hate to see you go but totally respect whatever you decide.
- giantbosleyschnoodleWhat other service/sharing site would you move to? This is our first foray into photo sharing and always looking for options
- raeganhustonMommy & I aren't worried at this point. If you move, you'll have to build a new following. Are you going to repeat that when the next network decides it's time to monetize? Watermark your images.
- dosdoodlesThat's brilliant! Watermark! Perfect. Xo @raeganhuston
- mindystpThis is so frustrating! I'd even pay for IG if it meant no spam and no stealing of my pictures! I'm not a professional photographer, but just the fact that their TOS feel so invasive makes me question the integrity of the company.
- travisjeromeYou're NEVER going to find a free service that won't end up with these TOS. It's crappy yes but part of the process of free services like this and FB. 😔
- poodleblues@dosdoodles How about #streamzoo ? I'm thinking about moving there; lots of IG people already there.
Log in to like or comment.