whimsyandspiceI love NY Central Art Supply in the E. Village. My favorite art store. Been coming here for 25 years. It's what I imagine an art store should be: a little cramped, in an old building with multiple floors and rickety stairs and nothing digital in sight. Pretty much the same supplies and layout as it was during art school days.
- squirrellymindsThat looks like our work room (elementary school)
- greymoggieI love it there!
- paperandtypethis makes me happy.
- campbellrawGreat shot! Looks like they just straightened up. ;) How'd you manage to get a shot without an employee?
- kvanskiverI love it! There's nothing better than rows and rows of thick paper and oil paints
- whimsyandspice@campbellraw I know right? They were all getting paper at the same time I guess!
- campbellrawI think I would have been terrified to take their picture anyway-probably best you snuck a shot while they were away!
- whimsyandspice@campbellraw ha! They're usually really nice over at the paper department. Some of those folks have worked there forever.
- campbellrawThey're always great to me, too...they can be a little prickly with newbies, though. By and large, the best in person paper selection ever!
- rdvelvetHeaven!!! Only thing that comes close is an old, established bookstore :)
- onefinedaeThere should be one in every metropolis city.
- aeneakeatsWow, very nice! :D I like it!
Log in to like or comment.