natgeoDavid Alan Harvey. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. #Copacabana Beach soccer enthusiasts play into the night. One of the cultures most passionate about #soccer are the Brazilians who will proudly host the 2014 World Cup. Brazil's super stars of professional soccer often come from the #favela and #beach playing fields. Please see my photo essay on #Rio in the current Oct 2012 issue of NatGeo. Photo by @davidalanharvey. www.burnbooks.net.
- davidalanharvey@mattmumms i have no clue how to use photoshop.. the strobe light on camera just makes it pop
- davidalanharvey@davidalanharvey straight shot no tricks but the illusiory slow shutter speed shadow is exhaggerrated a bit here in instagram not sure why
- muhariedNice night shoot
- andrew.w.dixonThe shadow is a consequence of using slow shutter speed to expose the background, and flash to illuminate the foreground. Without the flash you would just see a blurred shadow in the air. And as the flash is only lit for a fraction of the total exposure we still see the remainder of that blurred shadow from the portion of the total exposure when it was not lit.
- carrilyn106Oh, ok.
- _vdibiaseLove this. Brilliant @davidalanharvey
- alkndaryLife memories may be erased from memory, but picture might bring you hope of a better life
- dave_geraldNow this is awesome capture
- esmeorocksSomething's wrong... Why is there a shadow flat behind the person jumping?
- connoradamskiSo very paintingish
- melanieshaw_it's national how is could it be fake @erriwan
- melanieshaw_just like national sock day! @erriwan
- fraggla@natgeo GREAT SHOT
- planet_nicaI can't wait for the World Cup 2014!! Viva la Brasil
- pizarro14cubaAwesome pic @davidalanharvey Brasil See you in 2014
- savannahleighj@diviaugusti yeah I though that's who it was because he's also pretty awesome, he lost his hand fighting for the US in Hawaii. But it's really cool your grandpa is your hero
- raquelrenataCidade Maravilhoosa ! Eu amo o Rioo!
Log in to like or comment.