kimakimberlinHave been asked to photograph a wedding with just an iPhone. Here we go!
- andyarsiteknice gear bro! Love it!
- nayoThat's what I'm talking about!
- the_grisI just realized you are the photographer that had the article on fstoppers and shot that wedding with your iPhone. I have gone back to that blog post 10 times thinking 'my gosh what talent and craftiness to make that happen' very well done and truly a huge inspiration to always think ahead and keep challenging yourself.
- kimakimberlin@the_gris wow thank you! It was definitely a challenge but such a fun one. I'd totally do it again :) thanks for your kind words!
- the_gris@kimathomas You bet! I think I have been following and liking your photos for quite awhile but never realized you were the one that did that. So great! Thanks for all the likes, really appreciate it.
- deckyrizkiadisuper cool, i wish i could do that.
- the_grisAlright have a HUGE question to ask you. Want your professional opinion on my next camera purchase (aside from an AE-1 I am getting to experiments with film). I got a Canon t3 to start out my hobbyist love a year ago and got hooked. Looking to amp up the freelance in 2013 and have a few travel shoots setup for spring already!! Was wanting to see what you thought, I wanted the 60D but the release of the t4i ($610 body new) is tantalizing. Then also with the price drops of the 7D and 5Dii do you think I should just stick it out with the t3 til summer of next year and pull the trigger on a 7D or even a 5Dii? Or just pick up a 60D/t4i now? Would it be worth waiting for the larger cameras or would I be good with one of those? Just looking for something with better resolution, fps and built quality. Also something to last me at least 3-5 years. Thank you in advance if you have anytime to reply. Really appreciate any feedback!
- the_grisNot to mention moving backwards to CF would be a bit of a struggle, always tough buying old tech. I was thinking a t4i with battery grip. To stick with a budget dslr with a solid resolution that could last me quite a few years.
- kimakimberlin@the_gris I'd wait till you can get a 7D or 5Dii. There are quite a bit nicer than the 60D. That being said, the camera you have now is a great camera. I started on the older version of your camera and it got me pretty far. Also, if you don't have a 50mm f1.4, I'd get that next. Lenses can make a huge difference. I'm rocking a 5D mark i and its been fine for the past 5 years so I imagine when you upgrade it'll be the same for you! Good luck on the camera hunt. Always so much fun :)
- the_gris@kimathomas Thank you do much. Really appreciate the time
- the_gris@kimathomas Also I did ponder a 5Di because if the price but may look to wait. Thanks again!!
- erickimberlinSo rad! Is there a place you posted all the shots from this?
- acidburn1012so cool! heaven-ish
- fromsfwithloveCrazy & amazing! And by the way, where did ya get those cute shoes? @kimathomas
- designthusiast@kimathomas any interest in participating in www.whatdoyoucarry.com?
- dutte_yeh , It's so cool
Log in to like or comment.