nasagoddardChandra Flashback of the Day: Tycho's Supernova Remnant
NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory - A long Chandra observation of Tycho has revealed a pattern of X-ray “stripes” never seen before in a supernova remnant. The stripes are seen in the high-energy X-rays (blue) that also show the blast wave, a shell of extremely energetic electrons. Low-energy X- rays (red) show expanding debris from the supernova explosion. The stripes, seen to the lower right of this composite image that includes optical data from the Digitized Sky Survey, may provide the first direct evidence that a cosmic event can accelerate particles to energies a hundred times higher than achieved by the most powerful particle accelerator on Earth. http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2011/tycho/
- king4mu3Discover easy ways to make m0ney online phree -> @Herminakcdm
- al3baid98Woooow amazing
- itsharveyHoly sh1t
- andresitoxdEnglish lol
- toni91188@allishalynn space orgasm
- amjam172That is awesome
- bigfrank323@erikx315 thanx Erik
- holistudiosLooks like something organic under a microscope... as in the great, so too in the small.
- viileopoldoNossa que linda imagem!! Parabens
- lol_hacked__Aliens 👐
- my_private_informationUSA SCHOOLS SPACE STAY
Log in to like or comment.