questlove2 of his biggest crimes: 1) taking his music off YouTube--when this is clearly how an unaware generation can discover his genius. He will pay dearly for that when people shrug like "when doves what"? & not remastering his first 10 years of music. This ish is getting hard tryna match it to today's sound systems. #frustrated
- _kaydilla_I was just talking about this fact #yesterday with a friend.
- jaecee3Something in the water does not compute
- msdotmishaJust yesterday I wanted to hear Sign of the Times and couldn't find my copy. Über sad that he us not on the net..
- botconnectingHe did a cover of #RadioHead 's creep, but he couldn't take it down from YouTube because it was radioheads song.
- hellotonyrHe's probably still fighting with Warner Bros. over how to split the $$$
- johnnygoldstarrI like how it sounds unmastered, how it was recorded and intended to be heard by the person that created it.
- rliu311@questlove it breaks my heart to see one of greatest musical geniuses of all time go practically unnoticed by todays generation #sad #princeshreds
- jaydeep10000I imagine his position has a lot to do with ownership and the devaluation of musical art. As far as remasters are concerned, I'd love to hear them too. However, there is a great fan made collection of his earlier records: foefur
- _michael_harrison_It might just be me but I think prince is shit.
- jefetoYes. Sadly, he will be forgotten in 10 years if he doesn't let people get to his tunes easily.
- johnnygoldstarr@jefeto Really. People been saying that for 20 years, yet his tours are still those of a legend.
- jefetoYes, been selling out at smaller and smaller venues with the same folks that were there in 1984.
- scott_lukasHe told the guys on Peach N Black he already remastered most of his albums (drool), and then what happened? ...we all entered The Purple Zone...the place where Prince says he's gonna do something and...then does something else...;). Yeah, I'll still buy his next one...
- 0rlandoI used to have the same dilemma. But when U've been to a few of those legendary Aftershows, U learn to say "Let it be!"
- onlykidnice@questlove theverge.com turned this into an article
- citizenkeith@questlove the last thing I want is Prince's amazing dynamic music from the 1980s to be compressed and squashed by excessive digital limiting. At least the new vinyl sounds great!
- jake_br0Turn it up!
- giantkiller56God. I did a drum cover for Alex Bugnon's version of "Most Beautiful Girl in the World" and it was removed. Prince is on some other stuff right now.
- tsubetanNOW THE DOVES ARE CRYING...
Log in to like or comment.