girlsgonechildThis makes me want up punch something. Yes, let's tear down all the beautiful historical Spanish homes in Hollywood and replace them with 4000 square foot boxes with zero soul and even less taste! Disgusting.
- mali.mish.marleneOld homes are the best.
- sunnyerinUgh. People are so lazy and not resourceful. "little boxes on the hillside little boxes made of ticky tacky. Little boxes on the hillside and they all look just the same"
- stephielynneaTotally infuriating!
- tnzedI'm in total agreement. And as much as I love HGTV, I hate to see 1st time buyers who demand granite, stainless-steel, walk-in closets etc., because that's what mum & dad have. But it took mum and dad YEARS to get that. They earned it. You're supposed to start small. Give me a house with character and a yard, over granite counters in a big box any day.
- bridgetmerlotI am ready to beat someone up with you. Agreed!
- heathersmalleyUgh! Horrible.
- aimeedesireeIt's such a luxury to have a home with beautiful non-cookie-cutter house. Such a waste to tear it down. Now where are these homes in Encinitas - because I'm looking!
- likearadioBlargh. Such a tragedy. I've been thinking lately how lovely your home is, and how sad I am that there aren't many homes of that era here in Culver City. Most homes here were built by Hughes Aircraft in the 40's, and they're just little ticky-tacky boxes. Hollywood has so many treasures. Bulldozing is a tragedy.
- aimeedesireeTypos - sorry. Multitasking with baby :)
- girlsgonechild@aimeedesiree Leucadia!
- aimeedesiree@girlsgonechild - We love Leucadia! We need more people to move away ;)
- alicereeb@wiegley @girlsgonechild http://www.laconservancy.org/preservation/organizations.php great list of la area historical conservation groups in case you guys are interested
- girlsgonechild@alicereeb you rule. Thanks! @wiegley
- future_ex_mrs_malcolm@girlsgonechild- they're doing the same in my neighborhood. Tearing down historic houses and replacing them with mini-dorms. The fact that that is even considered okay enrages me something fierce.
- wendy.heartrnSame thing all over central Phoenix area. We love the character and charm of our early 50's house. While we did update the kitchen a bit, it only had one wall of cabinets and a sink when we bought it. All the vintage tile in bathrooms and soul if the house is intact. We've done cookie cutter and hated it. Disgusting to us that people would destroy so much history.
- tesslagrlIt's disgusting and infuriating. On historic Chandler Blvd. in Sherman Oaks we started a neighborhood assoc. to combat the destruction of the homes and trees but I think we are merely slowing down the inevitable. We cherish our 1930's Spanish Mission home.
Log in to like or comment.