the_brick_houseI can't BEGIN to explain how badly this smells of smoke...fucking eBay. Anyone have tips for getting rid of the smell?
- nocarolinePlastic bin with kitty litter in, stick the rug in, lid on, will absorb smell
- craftnikI second the vodka in a spray bottle! Then let it dry in the sun.
- lesdothisYou dance around the rug and chant "bad smell be gone!!" Works every time
- _shannon__b_@the_brick_house vinegar. Took the cigarette smell out of my back bedroom
- amarabarraI dumped pounds of baking soda/left it for day's/vacuumed it - did not work at all.
- maureenfdesignsWow these all sound like great suggestions. Wish the could all be tested.
- nataliepsuikI have used the vodka and water trick, and the kitty litter method. Both work. But you need the kitty crystals, not the clay stuff.
- kendrasmootit's gonna be worth it...
- the_brick_house@kendrasmoot that's what I'm hoping. It's really big and amazing.
- ashleycopier@the_brick_house ”it's really big and amazing” that's what she said
- doorsixteenIt's hopeless, nothing will get rid of the smell. I think you'd better just give it to me.
- shannonsouthI know charcoal takes the burnt smell out of laser cut wool - it might work with this - but you'd probably have to seal it all in a plastic bag for a while... Good luck
- mandystarrI had one that smelt like moth balls. I let them sit in vinegar and water in the tub over night, rinsed them in clean water and then hung them out in the sun for a few days. It worked perfectly to remove the stink.
- tiinybubblesU didn't mention the dust...
- the_brick_house@tiinybubbles I beat that out of it, like it was asking for
- nobadthingsJust thank your lucky stars it ain't bed bugs. Smoke smell has nothing on that plague.
- astoneinkUsed coffee grounds? That took the camel smell out of my
- astoneinkLeather pouf when nothing else worked.
- kspellTry laying dryer sheets all over it, rolling it up, and then leaving it (in a roll) on the back porch for a few days. Then unroll and hang outside a few days more.
Log in to like or comment.