_hannahspannah_What. A. Day.
Today came THIS ➡️.⬅️ close to being ruined. Our last day out of the Easter 🐣 holidays.
We drove over an hour to visit a new massive millions of pounds 💷 swimming pool 🏊 with water slides 💦
I scoured the website for any height restrictions - including the separate pdf 'admissions policy'. I couldn't find anything and as it was new, I guessed that there would be different slides with different height restrictions but didn't worry as Bear 🙋🏼♂️is very tall for his age.
We arrived and he was soooooo excited to see the slides. We went to pay 💰💰💰(loads) only to be told that under 6's can't go on slides. "But he's taller than the usual 1.1m minimum." Yes, but he has to be 6yrs old" she replied. "Why?" "They have to be strong enough to hold on" she said. I then explained that he's not far off 6yrs (what's 9 months?!) and is basically the child version of the Hulk. 😡😤
I got no where and said "I scoured the website. 💻 Where is this information?" I asked where and was told it's just there.
We left with a very upset child- I'm not paying £20 per adult for a pretty average swim 🏊 and I checked the website again - as have two other people and that info IS NOT THERE.
Thankfully, we saved the day by visiting the local sea front 🌊, going on the fairground rides, spending 2ps in the arcade, crabbing 🦀 and eating ice cream 🍦 on the beach.
What a day. What a day.
#britishseaside #seasidetown #northyorkshire
- amy.forward14That's rubbish! Hope you got on to the company owner to complain! X
- _hannahspannah_I think we actually had a better day than we had planned @emmajordanwales x
- _hannahspannah_Oh it's been written in my head about 6 times @linzeeloulabelle it'll be flying off soon!
- _hannahspannah_Thanks @mamamummymum
- _hannahspannah_Thank you @mindyourmamma
- alex_bettertogetherArgh how annoying! At least you salvaged the day xx
- rachelgully_@_hannahspannah_ I'm so sorry, I misread the first part of your comment and for some reason thought this was yours! I'm sorry you had a crappy day and didn't get to go swimming like you had hoped! £20 is extortionate - and how silly for them not to have the correct guidelines on the website!
- alex_bettertogetherPs i love your light 😍
- _hannahspannah_I will be @amy.forward14 x
- _hannahspannah_Thanks and yes, I think it was even better @alex_bettertogether
- _hannahspannah_It's ok @rachelgully_! Don't apologise!
- _hannahspannah_I took this in a cafe at the beach @alex_bettertogether but thanks. I wish o had this in my kitchen!
- littleladiesbigworldOh no sorry you had this, glad the day got better x
- mags_c_cOh bugger I bet we have the other problem Franco will be old enough but not tall enough #frustrating #alpamare
- thehairhelperI would write them a formal complaint. Glad you could rescue the day!
- malh18Such a pain for you 😠st least it turned out well and Bear probably avoided a nasty slide related injury ...never trust those places 😳😊
- gingermumblogGlad you saved the day in the end! Bad form from the swim slide place though Hannah!
- laura_babykicksThat's terrible, and it should be on height/parent discretion
- frugalfamilyThat should definitely be made clearer x x
- serenityyouOh no. What a shame. I don't understand why they go by age when kids come in all shapes and sizes
Log in to like or comment.