fithealthyrecipesLOW CARB Soft Taco shells
4 oz (100 g) spinach
4 tablespoon Gluten Free Oat Bran or ground almonds (almond flour)
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 litre boiling water
Preheat oven to 200C.
Place the fresh spinach leaves into a glass mixing bowl.
Cover the spinach leaves with 2 litres of boiling water. Cover. Set aside 2 minutes.
In another bowl add ice cubes, about 1 cup.
Using tongs remove the cooked spinach leaves from the bowl and place them into the bowl filled with ice cubes. Stir the leaves into the ice cubes for few seconds to cool down.
Squeeze the spinach leaves with your hands to remove all the water. It will form a compact spinach 'ball.'
Pat dry the spinach between layers of absorbent paper to ensure that the cooked spinach are fully dry.
Finely chopped the cooked spinach on a chopping board.
Place them into a large mixing bowl and combine with grated cheese, eggs and oat bran until it forms a batter.
Scoop out the batter onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper. I used a mechanical ice cream scoop maker and I make 4 taco with this batter.
Press each scoops with your fingers to evenly flatten the batter into circle thin taco.
Bake at 200 C for 15 minutes or until it is golden and crispy on sides. Depending on oven and thickness of your tacos you may have to reduce to 180C. Simply watch the colour and texture while baking to ovoid burning.
Slightly cool down on a plate before eating.
Can be eaten lukewarm or cold with toppings of your choice.
- karisss_marie@crystaldemma @taylorbonaro
- susussg1Like to know ingredient for this taco, spinach and something
- elena_bagazzoliOh ya @laur.dailey
- yahelgilbert@horst0512 let's make thissss
- simonevanjaarsveldt@byes7 .....
- sarahluwalia@damand91 @daniellebrown1988 dare I say it looks almost TOO healthy for tacos?!
- mollycabana@mariaaak22 wanna make these w me
- dee_zeiter@kinzzzzzzz this is a great page
- chrisje_r26@sofiatjuhh ideetje voor healthy lunch
- sofiatjuhh@chrisje_r26 wauwe ziet er goed uit!
- vanessa.naziaWhat's the calories?
- zoleasteriHagamos esto un dia @solamenteanaa
- solamenteanaa@zoleasteri ya siento el sabor de esto en mi boca mañana? De cena?
Log in to like or comment.