multifacetedmamaI know it seems like we're outside a lot. We are. We're either in the backyard or out at the river or a park everyday.
But I still found myself arguing with the kids over electronics. On the blog today I'm sharing more about that battle, how it happened, my part in it and how we cut back painlessly. (Link in bio)
Are screens and electronics a problem at your house?
- multifacetedmama#ourcandidlife #honestmotherhood #our_everyday_moments #enchantededucation #screentime #childhood #homeeducation #parenthood_unveiled #dailyparenting #kidsoftheoutdoors #iwasbornwild #childhoodunplugged #letthemexplore #letthekids #momentsinmotherhood #charlottemasonliving #mulberrychildhood #homeschoollife #freshair #raiseawildchild
- the.knoebelsYes...my husband and I are discussing this now. We went from very minimal to allowing a little more, and I'm not liking the effects. I've found our kids do best with 'out of sight, out of mind '
- motherhoodinstilettosJude goes through phases. Sometimes that's all he wants to do (only games on the iPad) then there are weeks that he couldn't be bothered and what's to play all day long.
- kiki_kickinThanks for sharing your screen journey. Really like the ticket idea!
- littleladywinsIf I keep it turned off and turn on some music we do pretty good. She'll keep busy. Normally a random chill day after we are super busy for few days she wants more screen time. But when the days are nicer and not so freezing like the winter no screen time seems so easy in comparison.
- dccoldNot yet, but I am sure they will be one day!!😫
- amidst.the.chaosYa screens are a thing in our home. I honestly try to not beat myself up over it and just try to monitor their use
- shelbygoodmanWhen summer comes I love to get my kids outside as much as possible!
- themotheroverloadI can not wait to read!!🙌🏼
- nikkiandalLove the outdoors! The more we can get them outside the better. Can't wait to read it!
- homeschoolcollectiveWe are outside a lot too! Look forward to reading your post! 💛
- firstname.lastname@example.org they just slowly crept in for us, without me even realizing that they were on it more and more... it got to the point where it was always on the mind. Thankfully the new system is working beautifully.
- email@example.com I found I'm not a good monitor haha! It's just too easy for me when they are plugged in and too annoying to pull them off. I'm totally guilty of being complicit. Thankfully with our ticket system it's easier for me to monitor.
- the.knoebels@multifacetedmama i thought your ticket idea was good! I don't think it would work for us though...just so many kids. Our only battle is them asking constantly to watch a dvd, that's pretty much our only screen. And after more tv time= more whining, laziness, attitude.
- occasionally_perfectOh man. I prob should read this. We use the electronics only an hour a day but that's prob still to much.
- momwifefoodieI can totally see where this is going. We have to set timers for Enzo.
- elycemI love your ticket idea so so much! Screen time hasn't become a problem for my boys yet because my eldest is only five... But it has started becoming a big problem for me. I was using it too much to gain some peace and quiet amongst the chaos. We've just been away for ten days with no TV and no internet connection. I caught myself reaching for my phone so many times. I need to give myself some tickets! I think I will definitely be using your system once the boys get older and want more say in when they want to watch. Thanks for sharing!
- multifacetedmama@elycem I am in the same boat as you when it comes to my phone. I'm waiting for my kids to call me out on it because I know I am guilty of being on my phone way, way too much!
- boldheartmamaIf only time in nature guarded against all struggles elsewhere! We've taken the approach of not worrying about screentime too much given as much time as they spend every day doing other things, but then you throw in their interests and it wasn't just about time but content too because the games and different platforms can be hard to regulate. About a month and a half ago we went on a screen hiatus altogether and it's been good. ❤ Glad you found a system that works for you! You'll have to give an update in a few months.
- kate__elisaI'm so torn on this. We like to stay outside as much as possible, but my 6-year-old is also obsessed with the iPad. I recently caved and let him download a video game on his iPad because he gets so much joy from it, but now I'm torn. I was allowed to play video games at 7, but my interest was minimal, so it didn't become an issue and we spent all day, every day in the woods and on the river. 🤔
Log in to like or comment.