run4prsMotivation is garbage. If I only ran when I "felt motivated", I would have thrown in the towel long ago back in 2011 when I hit my first real running plateau stuck at 22:30 5k for over 8 months. Month after month, my feelings of excitement for running dried up. For the first time in my running career, I didn't always "feel" like it. At some point every runner will ultimately be faced with a decision. Will you be disciplined enough to run even when you don't "feel" like it? Motivation is NOT what dictates success. Discipline and commitment are the factors that being success. It's OKAY to not always feel like running. Congrats! You are human 😂🙌🏻 Since that time back in 2011, I've taken 4 min off my 5k PR (18:36) & ran 16 marathons. You don't need to always feel like it. As Nike would say JUST DO IT ✔️
- chickabroad❤❤❤ thanks for the reminder!
- robynashleyallen@jryndola ☝🏾
- thegoalistorunSo very true! Thanks for these thoughts
- beautyinmundaneGood Friday inspiration!
- roshetcYou are so, so right. It's like when writers say they are waiting for the muse. What muse? What motivation? It's hustle and sweat and hard work.
- sahteinzouzou@znajj read the caption
- krislatino76Nice pace
- pepperplacemarketPreach girl! So true. 🙌
- fruitandrunWhat app do you use to track your distances?
- utribreI love your posts. Thank you for always keeping it real!
- shellmcoleI definitely don't always feel like it, but I think about later on that night. All the regret I will feel that I didn't just suck it up and go. I never regret a run, but always regret if I don't run.
- erinpmcmahonwolfeFeeling that way for the first time lately. Trying to talk up some excitement for a 17 mile run EARLY on a Saturday and struggling. This was a good reminder and inspiration!
- suzyhastherunsWhoa, 18:36 is no joke! Nice!
- the_swiss_22Thanks for the "motivation". Sometimes it's hard to know when to listen to our body and when to simply tell it to "shut up and run"
- c_mom_run_fastI'm Never motivated... but I'm always running. 🤷🏻♀️🏃🏻♀️😴
- mikewmmYou are correct!!
- _best_of_new_york_just amazing
- jaymin79So true
Log in to like or comment.