lostinagreatbook"What time do I need to be up tomorrow?"
My mother is in the (not so) early stages of dementia. She is having a procedure tomorrow, and this is how she is trying to process what needs to happen/what will happen tomorrow. There are two printed sheets of instructions (doctor and pharmacist), a daybook and a clear daily step-by-step list created by my sister-in-law. Not pictured: the wall calendar filled with scribbles. Seeing her struggle to make sense of what should be fairly straightforward instructions and perseverate on rewriting tiny details makes my heart ache. #dementiaiscruel #mymother #dailystruggles #anxiety #fearoftheunknown #earlystages
- jedi.emma<3 <3
- caffelattequeenSending lots of love and positive vibes!!! 🤗 ❤️
- leahbobetGod. I'm sorry. I hope it goes well.
- evilandie66It is a terrible disease. My grandfather had it and was terrible to watch him go through it. Best wishes for her
- shellyzevSending your entire family my well wishes 💖
- soufflegrlThinking of your mom and you ❤️❤️ massive hugs your way
- mrsmonnandezSending you love 💕. My grandma also has not-so-early dementia, and we have many heartache-filled moments. I am sure she is so grateful to have you by her side.
- captain_cammyNever easy. Sending positive vibes your way.
- jesslongthorneThinking of you.
- cherylrainfieldSo sorry
- cherylrainfield(Hugging you)
- kathrynwardropperThis is sad, Jenn. So very sorry.
- kyomaclearso familiar. such an intense, tender, heartachey time. sending my warmest, most lifting thoughts.
- deboinfluenceMore hugs
Log in to like or comment.