followmefoodieHalibut and spring pea season is here! Halibut can be really boring and tends to be overcooked, but this was beautiful at @Labattoir_Van. Halibut poached in olive oil - Parisian gnocchi, mussels, carrot, fresh English peas, dill, mustard seeds. My favourite main and I didn't think it would be. So flaky and tender and almost as rich as sablefish with the cooking method.
Other items on the table:
Pretty much a crime if you don't start a meal off here with their signature Baked Pacific oysters - Whipped garlic butter, black truffle 😍.
BBQ humboldt squid - Kohlrabi, radish, ikura, kaffir lime, caramelized shallots, red onion (very good, fresh and bright, Thai flavours). Pasta filled with ricotta cheese - Soft poached egg, wild mushroom, nettle, toasted oats, ricotta salata, crisp greens (comforting)
Char-grilled quail - Apple butter, charred brussels sprouts, vadouvan and quail's egg
Confit pork shoulder and clams - White beans, garlic, parsley (good fall dish and the pork was fantastic with a nice caramelized sear)
Duck breast with a crust of black bean and peppercorn - Broccoli, plum puree and black vinegar sauce (more peppercorn than black bean, and loved the broccoli in three textures: puree, crisp "crumbs" and roasted)
Meyer lemon meringue - Earl Grey ice cream, candied kumquats, lemon gel, tart crumb (great flavour profile and not too sweet or sour, light and creamy)
Spiced carrot cake - Candied carrot mousse, pumpkin seed crumb, tonka bean frozen yogurt (my favourite of the three desserts, love the textures and carrot mousse)
Dark chocolate tart - Caramelized banana, Caramelia mousse, Passion Fruit Mango tuille (super rich and decadent)
**Menu is mostly @Jack_Chen83 (formerly Royal Dinette) who has been back here for a few months. Desserts are by pastry chef @HilPrince. #Vancouver #Gastown #FMFLabattoir
- jmcastillo77Looks delicious
- chrisqchanceDelicious 😋
- ridley_rickDAMN great review and photos😍👌😋😋
- jmcastillo77Quail eggs...huh...not available here. I can find duck eggs, bantam eggs, pail blue eggs and even snake eggs. Can I order them online?
- kira_desmondThis looks amazing!
- over_bored1You are an eating machine. Love it❤
- gordlyfoodIt is going to be soo torturous following you.....but, I'll suffer through it!! THANKS
- lisaannehaleyGorgeous pics as usual, @followmefoodie Thank you for coming in, a pleasure to have you as always.
- mightyvanillaDo they still have the bread basket?
- followmefoodie@mightyvanilla of course! I can only post up to 10 photos for a collage 😉
- followmefoodie@lisaannehaley aww thanks dear!! And thank you for the hospitality, conversation and warm welcome!!! See you next week! 😉❤️Xoxoxo
Log in to like or comment.