- allycinhicksWe tend to forget that words actually have meaning. Calling someone dark has more associations than just skin color. Dark is typically considered bad or evil. That's not me!!! I'm beautiful and pretty darn nice. So let's shift the language from dark and light to rich and fair. But you can just call me golden! ✨#BlackGirlsRock #RichGirls #GirlBoss #paradigmshift #Golden #Positivity #blackgirlmagic
- stylistsharonThat is right! Beautiful golden. You can call me pasty white😂 I have to use a self tanner for color
- mz.b73So shouldn't it be goldengirlmagic instead? 🤔How bout we shift the meaning of dark. Let's take it to mean beautiful, rich, full, deep. I'm cool with that; and very cool with being black. Black and Dark that's alright for me. Golden is all good too.
- firstname.lastname@example.org I've had people say that before and if we can change the meaning that's great. But the word dark means what it means now and so does black. The associations have already been made in the human mind. Also there are studies on how the shape of our mouths when we speak words impacts how our brains process them. For example when you say white you slightly smile whereas when you say black you frown. We can't change biology and neuroanatomy...at least not now. Also I just used black it for the # there aren't a lot of GoldenGirl tags yet. Except for the old ladies hahaha. Thanx for the response. 💕😍
- allycinhicks@stylistsharon you're beautiful. I love using food to describe skin color. You're like a yummy biscuit or the inside of an almond. All colors are stunning!!!
- mz.b73@allycinhicks I knew why you did the #blackgirlmagic just thought it was funny to add. Of course the Golden Girls were who I thought of immediately. Sadly, I'm well aware of the cognitive psychology of the words black, dark, white and light and fair. So I understand where you're coming from.
- email@example.com yes girl. But I love your drive and optimism. It will be people like you that change the world. Thank you for being so positive and generally with it!