- bekahdifeliceSo... we are in Paris.
I have this bad habit of coping with change by buying discounted plane tickets I find on the Internet. Literally every major change in Mike's and my adult life has been marked by an impulsive trip out of the country. Once, during a particularly stressful time in our lives, I bought ONE WAY tickets to Canada.
This time around, Mike and I were driving in a car when he finalized his decision to exit the military. "How does Paris sound in mid-April?" I replied, as I finalized the purchase of international plane tickets on my phone while riding in a moving vehicle.
And here we are. Totally enamored by this city. Completely disoriented from jet lag. And survivors of traveling eleven hours by plane with two children under three. GLORY BE.
- hill_alyssaLove that place ❤ How FUN!
- joluehmannWoo hooo!!!! Have the best time. We are so happy you are there!!!
- jazzyflattsWhat a cutie 💕😘💕
- aprilwebstr5Have the BEST time!!!
- aricaheintzThe besssssst
- lagallagher11This is awesome! 🤗 please eat lots of delicious food for me. Especially chocolate croissants..those sound really good right now 😬
- kimberleeanneyou're amaaaaazing! have SO much fun. 😘😘😘
- bamergensTell me your flight finding secrets
- kristinhaddixYou're there!!! Have a wonderful time. I'm going to live vicariously through you!
- tammy.palIs Molly using her French?? Love watching you do this.....❤
- malloryrecorYou made it!
- christamarie80I feel like this is actually a really good transitional tool. It's hard to wrap your head around "home" being "here" one day and "there" the next. If you travel in between you are actually giving your mind an opportunity to process it. Yes. You should go with that. I mean, I'm a licensed mental health professional so if I say it's an adaptive coping strategy then it's true, right? 😘 Have fun!!!!
- bekahdifelice@christamarie80 thanks so much for the validation, Christa! I feel clinically justified now. Ha!
- mrstetenHave an amazing time!!
- breezyadpiYay! You made it! Weather looks beautiful. Hope you have amazing adventures 😊💕
- brittanylbergmanI'm laughing out loud! This is the best version of retail therapy I've ever heard!
- hislovely06I need you discounted plane ticket secrets! 😁 Enjoy!!!
- bekahdifelice@bamergens @hislovely06 to find our cheap flights, I usually start at kayak.com and start searching a destination with flexible dates (if we can be flexible). Which ever airline comes in the cheapest, I go to their website directly. In this case, it was Icelandair. And for this vacation I looked at ticket costs to Paris, London, and Scotland. I played with the dates and locations until I found the cheapest workable flights. For whatever reason, tickets to Paris are very inexpensive right now. Our ROUNDTRIP tickets were $420 each, and then we paid 10% of the ticket cost for Conrad as a lap child.
- firstname.lastname@example.org love YOUUUU