run4prsPSA- you do not get faster by running your easy days faster. I've ran 10 marathons between 3:28-3:14. That's 7:20-7:50 per mile for 26.2 miles. But I regularly run 8:45 pace for my easy days. Your recovery/easy runs SHOULD be significantly slower than workouts and races. Easy running should be 80% of your weekly mileage!! Take your 5k PR pace and add 2-3 min per mile- that is roughly your easy pace.
💥Vanessa ran 3:11 (7:18 per mile) at Boston 2017 and ran 8:30-8:45 pace for her easy runs throughout her training.
💥 Julie recently ran a new 13+ min PR of 3:20 (7:39 per mile). Her easy pace? 9:00-9:30 per mile.
💥 Rebecca recently set PRs in all distances 5k-half. Most recently Running a 1:33 half (7:09 per mile) regularly runs 8:45-9:00 pace on her easy days.
🙌🏻 don't get pressured into running faster than you need to on your easy days. Save it for races and workouts! It's okay and I promise it will not make you slower
- girlruns_pnwThanks for this! I'm not sure what I'm doing!
- sentirnaturaNos encanta :)
- email@example.com yes!!
- run4prs@itzelcruz running!!!
- bellewoodcraftInteresting read @feastonfitness
- bp395Agreed! #resistthetemptation
- runbumtoursAt the end of the day it's just numbers. We're not gonna be the fastest or the slowest so why not have the most fun. You can't take medals with you but you can keep experiences. #doepicshit . Sounds like you need to come run an ultra :)
- jammarchantYou are so stinkin' cute!
- lpaloozaGreat reminder. Thank you!
- run4prs@runbumtours I have ran an ultra :)
- kevincusack@run4prs that could be the case for those less developed runners, seemed like the book is targeting 3-4hr Marathoners, I have been using it for a very long time , 2:37 masters mara: plus some master World Champion placements .. I also empathize strong cross training elements .. not everything is 100% for everyone or every seasons as I know ur well aware ! Press on 🏃♀️!
- run4prs@kevincusack which book are we referencing? Yes. Older runners who have strong aerobic base already built run less run faster generally helpful.
- kevincusack@run4prs the Book -Run Less Run faster by Ray Moss Furman Ins of Running and Scientific Training .. Good read , backs up some of ur advice (that I have seen$
- runnerswanderlustYou're amazing!
- iheartlife365Great Advice! I needed this! :)
- anicacwongWhere did you get that Boston shirt?
- tri_sara_tops17Thanks for the reminder! It's easy to get caught up in all that.
- linzanityfitThis is so awesome!! They're outcomes are so incredible!!! Based on all their outcomes gives me a lot of insight seeing as those are my easy paces too!
- bbsegayDang I'm jealous I ran hard 10 miles at 8:24 pace today. My 5k PR is 23:11 that's going all out no holding back.
- mchapluk@run4prs thanks for the advice!!! I'll give it a try 😁
Log in to like or comment.